• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

why was there no nero restock....c'mon

It was on the runway for season 9, so prob won't see it until the season 9 stuff drops BUT there was some black non ripped denim on the runway for season 8

Last edited:

trevorxflyint

Reaction score
Are the Zinc's nice in person? They look great on the JE website but they look downright tragic on the NeedSupply website.

I love my Zincs although I did have to get them tapered (newer cut might not need a taper). If you do pick them up, I would just rip all the threads in the knee and blow them out yourself. They don't look good how they come (in Need Supply's pic) to me. Just my personal opinion though

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
Actually folks, I heard that JE is 'in the process' of making more Nero denim. I'd expect a restock or at the very least they will show up at some retailers.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually folks, I heard that JE is 'in the process' of making more Nero denim.  I'd expect a restock or at the very least they will show up at some retailers.

Damn got an inside connect? That's the best news I've heard all day

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
you can e-mail info@rodengray and ask them to reserve you a pair in your size.. they are definitely getting some - when I do not know. I had been waiting for a while so I e-mailed them again saying I guess you guys aren't getting any? And I was told JE is in the process of making more and RG will be receiving them. In my experience on RG they usually sell out right away so it's best to e-mail them to inquire about your size. I have a feeling if they're making more though JE will do a restock.

RG will send an e-mail invoice once it arrives.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you can e-mail info@rodengray and ask them to reserve you a pair in your size.. they are definitely getting some - when I do not know.  I had been waiting for a while so I e-mailed them again saying I guess you guys aren't getting any?  And I was told JE is in the process of making more and RG will be receiving them.  In my experience on RG they usually sell out right away so it's best to e-mail them to inquire about your size. I have a feeling if they're making more though JE will do a restock.

RG will send an e-mail invoice once it arrives.

I don't f with rg, their prices are insane with the conversion. I'd rather get them thru JE. In all honesty I was hoping from some non ripped neros. I'm sure I'm in the Minority here, but I think they will have more staying power.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

railcar is the place to use for denim alterations i have heard..

That's who I've always used. They taper from the inseam and leave the selvedge outseam untouched, and they do a damn good job making the alteration invisible. I've also had them fix crotch blow-outs (which they darn to match the original fabric). I haven't had any other alterations done, but they'll do waist and top block adjustments as well. Not cheap but worth it if you care about the work that's being done.

leFLOPjames

Reaction score
I don't f with rg, their prices are insane with the conversion. I'd rather get them thru JE. In all honesty I was hoping from some non ripped neros. I'm sure I'm in the Minority here, but I think they will have more staying power.
I bet if JE is making more they will do a re-stock on their website, so hopefully you can just grab a pair there

Jasonronn

Reaction score
i tried the skittles on at barneys last week. the fit was very good, definitely slp-like. there was a big difference from the knee down from the old springs i tried a few months ago. glad i passed on the springs initially.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan either. Imo the JE aesthetic really isn't a proper button down shirt. The flannel is more of a casual wear with jeans for me. But if you like and it fits your look then that's all that matters

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads