1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

Longevity...not long. There's too much going on, it would be better without the patches. I also don't like that it is a type 2 denim jacket.

It is interesting that JE has switched up the style of the thumper jacket over the years. The og mica iteration was more of a type 1 with the knife pleats in the front with only 1 pocket and the back of a type 3 with the waist straps/cinch without pleats in the back. the season ten is a more of a type 2 from the front (two chest pockets with knife pleats), not sure what the back looks like but I'm assuming it's like a type 3. and the current is somewhat of a modified type 1 in the front ( low chest pocket without the knife pleats) and a type 3 in the back. I wonder if they will just make a straight up type 3 jacket?

2. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Well-Known Member

Jacket is horrible fam.

3 people like this.
  3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

Coba aren't mine. I just gave an opinion. As for slp, I still think they are the best. Prob not for long though with the changes they are making.

4. dcvm1979

dcvm1979 Well-Known Member

@Jbidwal
    I'm a mess bro hahahahah my bad ..thats what happens when putting something in the air after a long day of work while reading SF hahahahaha I'm out
    @nsubrmnn..no shade meant bro bro I do thank u for the post tho..i won't be buying them..

5. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Well-Known Member

Bingo

1 person likes this.
  6. nsubrmnn

I was laughing at this ish all day, guess you think all brown people look alike...lol

Anyway man, I wouldn't not buy them because of my pics. Some of the previous posts of them were good. I just don't think they work on me or maybe the pair was tagged incorrectly or this wash fits tighter l, I don't know.
    I do hate the seams on the light colored JE denim, it really messes with the aesthetic of the jeans.
    Hopefully they come out with some more basic/ clean denim this season, it is called watching water.
    I guess JEs new black denim wouldn't be horrible but I have prob too many black pairs of denim in my rotation currently.

7. rs1398

rs1398 Well-Known Member

Sizing on co-mix oversized hoodie? Medium in kake, large in villain. I think a medium is the correct size but wanted to double check before I start my search. Really wish I would've picked this up from Barneys during their sale.

Recently took a pair of apc's to the tailor and gave them a JE size chart. Jeans came out perfect might end up having a couple other non-JE denim done too.

8. dino09

dino09 Active Member

I'd say grab a medium, if you're already a medium in the kake

1 person likes this.
  9. Jbidwal

10. Jbidwal

Same as your kake.

Custom fit jeans is the way to go.

11. beans718

beans718 Well-Known Member

Finally got new escos in
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  12. dcvm1979

dcvm1979 Well-Known Member

@nsubrmnn
    I'm Brown too my guy hahahahaha...but still the pic just sealed the deal...that discoloration is no good to me ..im still in og raw stretch ..i need something light for summer to kill..these taken forever

13. Falkor

Falkor Member

Wondering if anyone has washed their pair of skittles denim? Does it make them more white and fade the colouring more?

1 person likes this.
  14. nsubrmnn

Haha I was just messin

15. Jflo301

Jflo301 Well-Known Member

What are you guys tapering the denim down to? I've got some zincs that I've been meaning to get tapered but not sure how much I should do. Also, if I recall correctly, Mike from JE said it was possible to shorten the sashiko belt, has anyone attempted? I wear mine almost daily but it's way too big, even for the intended kind of hanging fit. I want to try to shorten it but not sure how I would go about doing it.

16. leit96

leit96 Well-Known Member

I've washed mine many times. The colouring hasn't changed or faded, it seems like the dye they used was already washed in. I think Mike mentioned this earlier, but the color is very hard to notice unless people are up in your business

1 person likes this.
  17. walt143JE

walt143JE Well-Known Member

Bingo! Really want this piece, however I can't see myself spending over 500 on it if it's that much. No clue what the price will be though. I have no expectations on the technical quality of the piece, but I hope it has something to offer on that front (waterproof/taped seams/etc..)

Anyone have a guess?

18. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Well-Known Member

^ one guess

It's made in china, and will lead to debate [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. CandH23

CandH23 Well-Known Member

My guess is $325, which is already overpriced imo

20. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Well-Known Member

Shouldn't be much more than the fishtail raincoat, but won't be shocked if it is. Its similar to the colour block jkt that girl is wearing in lookbook so I'm going to decide which one I want more as I can't get both - too similar. In terms of the actual features, don't expect much. If it's like the fishtail raincoat (looks like same material) it's more of a fashion jacket, extremely thin material that is probably technically water resistant - but in reality its not - too thin. Good looking light jacket with some windbreaking ability and nice for the spring/summer/fall. Can layer with it since it's so thin

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017