1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Well-Known Member

lol guys relax. Wear and buy what you like and fits your style. We all live a different life and have a different eye for fashion

3 people like this.
  2. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Tough to say no to skittles for $120. A little too backstreet boys for me so I'll be bleaching them

3. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

Let us know how it's turns out

4. ChronBong

ChronBong Well-Known Member

That's true.

Some people can't handle harsh criticism from others without ignorance. "So what" before you even really think just LOL.

The fact remains, if he buys that much of the same shit with different colors DOES SHOW HE DOES LACK OVERALL CREATIVITY.

PERIOD

RegisDB9 is a guy who buys a lot of different things of the same brand and ONLY buys that brand. At least he's creative enough to not classify himself as one dimensional and boring by buying the same type with exact same details in different colors.

Now to the guy who bought those same boring JE items, had to get each color of the same thing...works for him? Great. Good for him.

YAWN

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  5. Daddywolfharry

Daddywolfharry Member

Boring or not man, if I could afford it, I'd wear flash dual zips and escobars all day, everyday. [​IMG] Switch things up by having a good variety of nice colours to keep things fresh, I'd get the raglan raw edge hoodies for the pullover look as I like them the best out of the pullover hoodies, but that's just what I like. I don't have the money or a real love of all the colours out to buy one in every colour personally. I'd be more inclined to buy doubles of the ones i really loved.

I have 2 x raglan raw edge pullovers, 1 x black, 1 x alpine.
    2 x dual zip hoodies, 1 x dark navy, 1 x dark grey.
    6 x pairs of Escobar's, 1 x dark navy, 1 x dark grey. 1 x brown, 1 x alpine, 1 x black, 1 x olive.

Getting the clothes is one thing it's the shippping and tax when it lands the other side of the ocean is a different story.

Regarding the skittles that's a great price no doubt, this is my first pair of je denim, I'll reserve my judgement on if the wash looks too "backstreet boys" [​IMG] until I get to see them in person, we will see if it is too much or if it looks good, the subtle colours may actually work well to stop the white denim from looking dirty really quick/easy, from what I can tell in the up close shots anyway. Im looking forward to seeing your bleached results though for sure..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

I also think it's hilarious that Holt Renfrew tried to retail these for $675. Like even at a 1.40 exchange rate, that's still only around $550 CAD. Idiots.

1 person likes this.
  7. ChronBong

Holt's pricing has always been a huge joke.

8. Mackp12

Mackp12 Well-Known Member

Not as big of a joke as you. Do us all a favour and stop talking.

2 people like this.
  9. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Well-Known Member

It's getting so real in here....:[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Mackp12

LOLOLOL

11. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Well-Known Member

12. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Well-Known Member

May I please ask a serious question? Are you Canadian?

1 person likes this.
  13. ChronBong

Yes, I am and our PM is a fucking liar, a pussy and a pawn.

2 people like this.
  14. Mackp12

@nsubrmnn Mr.P black denim came in and your review was spot on compared to the acnes. I will be keeping them because they are super nice. For anyone that doesn't have washed black denim... scoop these up for sure.

Maroon flannel also arrived... solid piece! Went with a small, medium would have worked as welll.

Grey raw edge hoodie also arrived and not really a fan. I like the black one a lot more so will be getting rid of grey.

1 person likes this.
  15. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

not really cause that collection is boring as fuck. looks like a bristol stool chart

1 person likes this.
  16. Daddywolfharry

Daddywolfharry Member

Is the dark grey raw edge a different texture terry and a tighter fit when compared to the black terry? My dark grey dual flash is, I don't like it, reminds me of cigarette ash. [​IMG][​IMG]

17. Mackp12

yes i believe it is the same. Interesting point because it does feel slightly tighter and almost shorter than my black. I'll try and compare again over the weekend

1 person likes this.
  18. Daddywolfharry

Daddywolfharry Member

Sorry I edited my post to make it more understandable, but you managed to understand me anyway [​IMG] Yeah my dark grey flash dual zip and Escobars, both fit tighter and shorter than any of my other colours, although being the same size, the colour in person is completely different without the filters, I really don't like it. Thank you for the confirmation.

Anyone else having issues checking out on the cntrbndshop?

19. nepats81

nepats81 Well-Known Member

You guys think having the neros and the Mr. P carbon black is overkill? I have both and debating on if i should keep one or both. Thanks

20. Mackp12

keeeeeep. haha i have Mr P black and acne thin carbons which are pretty much the same but i'm gonna keep the JE just because they are damn well executed... and who knows if JE will be doing a washed black in the near future.