1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. dmill

dmill Well-Known Member

to each their own....maybe i have a nicer washing machine than you. I've washed them countless times and they've remained in great shape. of course hand washing will work too but I don't have time for that.

2. Omega Man

Omega Man Well-Known Member

Took advantage of the sale, but shipping / DHL charges / Canadian duties leave much to be desired.....

1 person likes this.
  3. gerg99

gerg99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think if you have a top loading washing machine with an agitator, you'll see much more quality loss. Front loading on a cold delicate cycle, you're all good. and not many people got time to be hand washing all of their tees lol

1 person likes this.
  4. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Well-Known Member

Not for the shape. The texture, and this is just for the silk tee specifically, co mix etc are fine in machine

Just a thought, hand washing is pretty simple in terms of time

But then again I don't have this super hero washing machine

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  5. nosurrender414

nosurrender414 Active Member

I got the black from JE direct during the presale.

6. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Well-Known Member

I was big on the Silk T's - I bought one in every color, but after both hand washing and machine washing, they feel like hard sandpaper. They totally lose all pliability and can damn near stand up on their own.

7. leFLOPjames

leFLOPjames Well-Known Member

I have a silk charcoal mercer tee which I like, I have only dry cleaned it like the instructions suggest, and it's in perfect condition. It's not a big hassle as I have only dry cleaned it a few times in a couple years (don't wear it much) It's not like you need to clean it every time you wear it.. Also, when taking it upon yourself to not follow the washing instructions, don't be surprised when your item turns out fucked lol

8. Henward

Henward Well-Known Member

Stockists got the white but you have to realize a white sweater is less versatile than black. Most retailers probably placed orders for black over white knowing it would sell better.

9. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Well-Known Member

JE reps came on here and said you could handwash or machine wash delicate cold. Regardless, I think the fabric just becomes scratchy and hard over time - even for the one that I have yet to wash.

10. Bash Tian

Bash Tian Well-Known Member

11. marcus-chi

marcus-chi Well-Known Member

First shipment of stuff came in. Here's some fitpics and thoughts for anybody wondering in the future; Plumas are dope. They fit tts if you like a skinny fit, I went with a 32. Stacks perfectly, and reminds me of slp in the fit. Sashikos are super comfortable, but I had to size up to 33 since 32 was already sold out. Really glad I did, because they are more rigid than the Plumas. Seems like they have less stretch. The Sashiko Extended Tee turned out to be totally worth it imo, especially at the flash sale price. Probably my favorite layering tee now, I went with a M so it would stick to the body underneath stuff. Really glad I ordered the slate version too. Oak Mercer Half Zip is mad dope, the color is perfect! Went M on that and the Maroon Kake. The cropped trousers is my only doubtful purchase. They're nice, and comfy. Just haven't figured exactly how I'll wear them yet. Probably more casually as pictured here.

Got about two more packs on the way. Will update with more as I keep getting stuff in!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16 people like this.
  12. ChronBong

ChronBong Well-Known Member

whats ur height/weight?

13. Cole87

Cole87 Well-Known Member

Looks really good, man.

So I have never owned JE denim. Is it that the new fit is slimmer / less thigh room than the old denim? or denim has the most thigh room in the current offerings?

14. marcus-chi

5'11''; 180ish.

15. marcus-chi

I own scarabs from last season, and imo the new cut has a little less room all around. The fit is definitely skinnier, but mostly in the calf area. They definitely taper more and hug the body more.

16. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

That feeling is not permanent on those silk tees and goes away as soon as you wear it or briefly tumble dry it (once totally dry). Most fabrics have a bit of a rough texture when dried on a rack but that goes away through wear or through a short dry tumble.

17. nepats81

nepats81 Well-Known Member

THANKS!

18. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

Nice fits man! What's the beige sweater? Glad you got good use of the code I sent you! Keep the pics coming!

19. nepats81

nepats81 Well-Known Member

just bought the GAP + JE jeans for $50 online. Anyone have them? Thoughts?

20. marcus-chi

Thanks bro, beige sweater in last pic Aime Leon Dore from their last made to order collection.

1 person likes this.