1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Monkmobile

Monkmobile Member

@MIKE_JE Hi Mike, i emailed your customer services to rank the thickness of kake, half zip mercer, villian and flash dual zip hoodies but they could not give me a reply. Could you help out with this?

2. walt143JE

walt143JE Well-Known Member

If you got a Large you would swim in it. After normal wear/stretch it is very oversized, but if you want to go for that and pull it off then you could stay at L

3. mcking

mcking Well-Known Member

Having all 4 of these i ranked from thinnest to thickest (in my opinion) below

Villian > Flash > Kake > Mercer

4. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

Hey, all of our Main Line terry is the same thickness - the Kake, Half Zip Mercer, Villain, and Flash are all composed of the same material. The Dark Grey terry has a slightly different composition to achieve the melange, but is the same fabric weight.

The "Gauze Terry" which was only produced in the Kake Mock is a wool blend french terry, which is our heaviest terry to date.

For SS16 we produced "tuck french terry" which was significantly lighter, this was all in washed colors. If you are looking for something lighter, stay tuned to our Black Friday promotions starting at 9PM pacific time tomorrow...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. Monkmobile

Monkmobile Member

Hi Mike,

thanks for the reply! Though they are composed from the same material, they don't look like they have the same thickness from the website. probably because the oversized look gave the kake and half zip a thicker feeling.

anyway, thanks for the little preview to your black friday promo, will definitely keep a look out!

6. MIKE_JE

In terms of fit, the Kake and Mercer are the most oversized and therefore have more material. It is the same fabric as all of our hoodies, however.

7. MilesMW

MilesMW Well-Known Member

Pretty sure The Weeknd is rocking the Blackmeans Stadium Jacket in the Mania Vid.

[​IMG]

8. MIKE_JE

^ yes.

1 person likes this.
  9. MilesMW

MilesMW Well-Known Member

In a dream world, I would buy it, for a heavy discount since they threw fake blood all over it. Looked like it didn't even phase the leather though.

10. nosurrender414

nosurrender414 Active Member

What hat is Abel wearing there?

11. ASpec818

ASpec818 Well-Known Member

Anyone have the SS16 charcoal fishtail raincoat? Is it a lot longer than the 2015 version? I really dig the original fishtail rainjackets released in 2015 but can't find those anymore.

12. Crshngdwn

Crshngdwn Well-Known Member

I do. Just from looking at pictures, it does feel slightly longer in the back than the '15 models, but this could also be due to the different fishtail design. The new fishtails also have updated draw cords on the hood and fishtail.

13. cstarskiii

cstarskiii New Member

Looking to get either a raw edge raglan hoodie or hoodies vilian, or kake ...help me with sizing I'd like to have a slimmer fit, I'm 5'11 ~185 and 43 inch chest. Also something I get now when I drop back down to 170 i can still wear.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  14. CH03

CH03 Well-Known Member

It won't.

1 person likes this.
  15. Sotiros

Sotiros Active Member

Any of you see the resellers on Grailed trying to flip black Friday sales already?[​IMG]

16. Mackp12

Mackp12 Well-Known Member

haha yeah it's mainly one dude ... what a D-bag

17. ChronBong

ChronBong Well-Known Member

awesome, u guys should also ship to canada from the JE main website cuz that'd be great....

18. MIKE_JE

We do ship to Canada.

19. ChronBong

ChronBong Well-Known Member

oh weird, i was thinking of some other site...hmm, import fees?

20. Sotiros

Sotiros Active Member

Duty fees/taxes aren't JE's fault. I believe they are determined by the destination country's regulations. Since you (and i) reside in Canada, we mainly only pay local sales tax on JE items (unless they're made in China). Since both USA and Canada are members of NAFTA, all made in USA items are duty free when they cross the border!