1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

JM Weston Sample Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman3, May 20, 2005.

1. darkoak

darkoak Well-Known Member

Urban Warrior, what's the word on the Westons?

2. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Well-Known Member

I'll volunteer to mule on Sunday. This is my lone break from studying so hopefully they have the entire stock from the Boston store... Just send me a PM and we can work out details.

NCT

3. sashae

sashae Well-Known Member

J.M. Weston - Luxury Footwear Sample Sale \t6/05/2005 \t6/05/2005
    Hours: Sun 10am-5pm

For one day only, shop the finest handmade, quality footwear for men and women at the first ever J.M. Weston sample sale. Prices are wholesale and below. J.M. Weston has created luxury footwear for men and women since 1891 and is renown throughout the world. J.M. Weston is the only master shoemaker that owns its leather sole tannery and makes its own soles. The company specializes in classic, traditional footwear, especially different widths. Men's sizes 6 1/2-14, and women's sizes 5-10, D and E are available, including rubber soles and leather soles.

* Men's shoes $99 to $295, regular $495 to $995
    * Women shoes now $99, regular $450 to $795
    * Ties now $40, regular $140
    * Socks now $10, regular $40
    * Belts now $120, regular $295 to $450
    * Exotic belts now $350, regular $900

Payment Type: Cash/Charge
    Address: 812 Madison Ave
    (Corner of 68th St)
    New York, NY 10021
    (212) 535-2100

Sounds um, cheap.

-s

4. cloud9eleet

cloud9eleet Well-Known Member

NCT,

What time are you going to get there? I plan on arriving early to grab any proper 13's I see. 9am'ish for me.

JW

5. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

Guys,

You really need to try on the Westons before buying. The sizing is a little strange depending on the last.

6. seok

seok Well-Known Member

i've heard a lot about weston's shoes, but how do their belts and ties fare? they seem pricey but not sure who makes them (esp. the tie, i'd imagine it's not up weston's alley)

7. Urban Warrior

Urban Warrior Well-Known Member

Hey Guy's... SF was down for a few day's and I al,ost forgot about this... I stopped in last week and the salesman was ultra helpfull...Sadly they are not expecting a ton of shoes... Mostly older discontinued models, he said a few odd colors??? Small sizes and really large sizes, all in all head though under 100 pairs of shoes... He seemed real nice and there was no pressure at all to come back, gave me a real nice master catalog too but joked "don't think you will find anything in it at the sample sale" I think I am going to pass, but than again with my luck I'll miss some super sale LOL... I might add the store really can't accomodate more than 10-15 people in it...

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

i'm out. buy them all, fellas

9. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

I am likely to show up, but Urban Warrior is right -- keep your expectations low. Theirs is a small shop and I sincerely doubt that they will be cleaning out the 180s or the demi-chasse models. Again, sizing on Westons is funky.

10. mano

mano Well-Known Member

I spoke with the Weston store today. The shoes are older models 5-10 years old with nothing from the current selection. The salesman indicated there would be a wide range of sizes and models. I asked if he could fax me a list of the shoes and he stated no such list exists, and that he "expected a line of people around the block" as he'd received so many phone calls.

No doubt from folks like me, from the SF.

11. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

I just wish I'd tried on the Weston's when I was in Sky Valet last week. Without having tried them on, I'm out.

12. cloud9eleet

cloud9eleet Well-Known Member

With the more "classic" shoes, why would it matter if they are 5-10 years old? Lines around the block, looks like I should get there before 9am. I guess the wife and I should not enjoy the vino too much the night before so I can be up and about. [​IMG]

13. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Well-Known Member

They raised the price by $50 even before the sale starts..??  It's all your fault (me included), you guys kept calling them, with that much interest generated they raised the price.

The shop is not that big with not much display space, I can't imagine they can accommadate more than 10 customers at a time,

14. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Well-Known Member

Maybe we should ask for the thread to be deleted to keep the interest down...

I'd love to pick up a new, pristine pair of their demi-chasse but evidently that's not gonna happen. 5-10 years seems kind of old to me--I think I'll content myself with loot from the PS sale.

15. redtree00

redtree00 Well-Known Member

I will be there bright and early, anyone else going to be there before 10am ?

16. seok

seok Well-Known Member

i will be there bright and early, but am keeping my expectation low in terms of the selection and quality, esp after the paul stuart sale.

17. redtree00

Seok
    What do you look like/what will you be wearing ?
    I will keep an eye out for you.

18. seok

seok Well-Known Member

redtree, it'll be striped linen shirt, light denim pants, and gray casual shoes. 6' tall, short hair.

19. redtree00

Will look for you.
    I am 6'2" greying hair, will be wearing checked linen shirt, jeans and tan double soled Alden shoes.

20. naturlaut

naturlaut Well-Known Member

I just called them, and they can't do any purchase over the phone. I wish someone could help me pick up a pair of loafers or hunt derby or chelsea boots.... and Koji isn't being too helpful today.

Now, what could possibly make Koji miss a Weston shoe sale? You've got to tell me about this new girl ...