• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jewelry on men...

Georges5

Reaction score
What do u think about this sentence:
..The only Jewell for a man is a gold Watch...
My preference go to Omega vintage 1960..
This is my last buy :

A CONSTELLATION Pie Pan solid gold 18K with calendar, calibre 561, year 1960, bought in San Francisco USA for 1200 USD. 21 September 2006

photoconstel1cm8.jpg

7f3bf4.jpg

f93xs2.jpg

But TOO in shoes I Trust !
www.souliers.net/new/ the french web site reference about shoes.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a watch and cufflinks is as bejeweled as a man should ever be.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like very old gold rings, especially worn on the index finger.

Also, Indians (from India) have a tendency to wear several gold rings on one hand, which I think is a nice look. As well, North American Indians can get away with large sterling pieces.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
I do the cross on a chain sometimes, and I'm not Latin. Well, I'm white, but was raised a Catholic. I don't like the term "Latin" referring only to Hispanics anyway. ALL of us raised in a western culture are really Latin; espcially Americans. What can be more "Latin" than living in a Republic?

Anyway, back to the topic...I'd like a carnelian ring, I think.

Dude, I just want to express how impressed I am by the number of subjects you covered in so little space. That must be one of the most digressive four-line posts ever, especially given that each successive concept bears at least a thread of connection to the prior one. Bravo.
cheers.gif

Aside from my wedding ring (and occasionally cufflinks) I don't wear jewelry - not even a watch. On other men, it's all a question of personal style. Some men wear jewelry that looks classy and elegant on them. Some wear jewelry that looks gaudy, pretentious, and awful on them. And some wear jewelry that looks gaudy and excessive but somehow works.
It goes on the long list of things that I'm not comfortable with myself (either physically, since I'm not used to it, or in terms of personal style) but admire on other people when it's done well.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Dude, I just want to express how impressed I am by the number of subjects you covered in so little space. That must be one of the most digressive four-line posts ever, especially given that each successive concept bears at least a thread of connection to the prior one.

6 degrees of Javyn.

Zeriman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
I think that English is basically a mix of Latin and Germanic languages, at least it appears to comprise two sets of vocabulary, one of Latin and one of Germanic origin. It appears to have something to do with Saxons and invading Normands. It also causes a lot of problems for those of us who have to learn the language. I think that the missing link between the way words are written and the way they are pronounced is partly due to this double origin of the vocabulary.
Actually it was the Normandy French who invaded the Saxons (English). French became the language of the royal court and many french words were incorporated into the common language, English. It still is an relatively small portion of the vocabulary and did not affect the grammar of the language at all, so English is quite clearly a Germanic language and not latin.

On topic: I wear a thick italian gold chain. Hey, if you're going to do it, might as well go all the way.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks lawyerdad.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surely some jewellery can be deemed acceptable ?

blingqo5.jpg

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got in my Breil bracelet. Does not look flash and it is in colours I wear, brushed steel and dark brown leather. Great!

breil20stones20021po3.jpg

Reaction score
Every man needs two things...a nice watch, and a good pair of shoes. I personally wear a watch, a wedding band, and what is known as a "scribe's" or "writer's" ring; an understated, sterling silver ring worn on the right index finger. Works for me.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Georges5
What do u think about this sentence:
..The only Jewell for a man is a gold Watch...
My preference go to Omega vintage 1960..
This is my last buy :

A CONSTELLATION Pie Pan solid gold 18K with calendar, calibre 561, year 1960, bought in San Francisco USA for 1200 USD. 21 September 2006

photoconstel1cm8.jpg

7f3bf4.jpg

f93xs2.jpg

But TOO in shoes I Trust !
www.souliers.net/new/ the french web site reference about shoes.

George, that is nice!
where did you find that vintage omega at? i would like to peruse through wherever you got that one. not a big fan of Constellations, but yours is very sweet and beautiful.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't believe, of all the threads I start, this is the one that has the staying power.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads