1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Jeans question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mike C., Jan 4, 2003.

1. Mike C.

Mike C. Well-Known Member

To all Euroguys:

I will be joining you guys over in Europe shortly. I'll be there from mid January till mid May. I've heard Levi's are really popular; but which styles? I'm thinking of buying a pair over here first, to save money.

2. BjornH

BjornH Well-Known Member

A pair of dark-blue 501s will serve you well - it's not the pinnacle of fashion, but still an accepted 'standard' item and they cost at least twice as much here in europe.

B

3. Joe G

Joe G Well-Known Member

Agree with Bjorn. Another option if you're young and care more about being with it than with buying the highest quality, is Gap jeans. They're insane expensive in Europe, and lots of people in the hip areas of places like London, Berlin, and Paris wear them.

Or, just wait. Marques such as Energie are more reasonable in Europe. (In Vienna, a pair of Gap jeans costs 86 euros at Steffl on Kaertner-strasse, whereas a pair of Energies at Bernhart down the street is most like 60.)

Peace,

JG

4. European Interloper

European Interloper Well-Known Member

TYPE ONE. Re-released recently, have just been gettin MASSIVE reviews in UK and US fashion magazines. They'll be popular when you get here, so I suggest you buy 'em.
    European Interloper