1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Jeans for Guys With Big Legs

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CelebrateLife, Feb 11, 2008.

1. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

Are there any nudies besides the bjorn with a bigger-than-average thigh (but still skinny down low)?

Well, the Bjorn is not made anymore. I find the Ralf to be generous in the thigh, alot more generous than you might expect from a bootcutish jean. I only bought the Bjorn because I thought the Ralf wouldn't give me the necessary thigh size but it wasn't until I tried them on (yea, it's a bitch trying to find the right jean sight unseen) that I realized that they are definitely not a slimmer jean (a 36 waist in the Ralf will easily give 27 inches in the thigh).

I guess the Average Joe will give the thigh space but without the subtle flare at the bottom.

2. DGP

DGP Well-Known Member

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Nom de Guerre classic. I'd also second R&B RB6, which you can get for under $100 at the Barney's outlent (not selvage, though, afaik).

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

NDG classic? That jean is pretty tight in the thighs...

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

i'm 6ft with 26in thighs from weight lifting and cycling. these levis fit me good. i'm usually a 34 and i bought 33s they fit perfect. low rise a little baggy around the waist with room in the thighs and slim around the ankles. http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/prod...egoryId=522262

5. The Devil's Hands

The Devil's Hands Well-Known Member

Those look terrible

Yeah, but they use good denim, and they fit guys with big legs. If you want a nice wash, you have to do it yourself, though.

6. KennyGhetzoff

KennyGhetzoff Well-Known Member

I love how its always:
    "26in thighs.... from lifting and pumping iron and cycling man rock hard stuff "” oversized like crazy...."

but its never:
    that yer probably just eatin' too much and ya got big, soft, sun-starved, meaty legs that don't fit into normal sized pants.

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

you can usually tell what's up from the waist/thigh ratio. The previous poster had 33" waist with 26" thigh which means they probably have pretty big quads relative to what is normal.

8. The Devil's Hands

The Devil's Hands Well-Known Member

you can usually tell what's up from the waist/thigh ratio. The previous poster had 33" waist with 26" thigh which means they probably have pretty big quads relative to what is normal.

I have a 36" waist and 30" thighs (partly genetic). What I do is get relaxed 40s or so, and have the waist taken in by a tailor.

It's the same here as it is with the "where can I find a thin shirt?" guys. Get something that is big enough that its tightest area is still comfortable (for me, it's a shirt's neck and pants' thighs) and have the tailor pull the loose parts in.

It's like we forgot tailors exist.

9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

i have 29" thighs and 20" calves but still rock dior 19cm. sausage it up.

10. thekunk07

and waste is 34. chest 50. i'm all f'd up in terms of proportion.

11. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

The JulianRed "sorrows" I just got seem to perfect for a guy with big legs

The waist-hip-thigh ratio is cut for a guy with a small waist, but bigger butt and thighs, and then it tapers to a slim fitting hem.

12. Handlethevibe

Handlethevibe Well-Known Member

That's disgusting.

13. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

and waste is 34. chest 50. i'm all f'd up in terms of proportion.

fit pics or it doesn't happen

14. denimaddict

denimaddict Well-Known Member

sausage sausage sausage

15. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Well-Known Member

16. chris902

chris902 Active Member

Any recommendations for jeans that also will be narrow enough in the calve area to stack?
    I have a 32 natural waist, 22 inch thighs (yeah squats and rugby), 14 inch calves. So usually what happens is the jeans fit in the waist, are a little tight in the thighs but stretch out, but the calve area is consistently bigger and I find myself having to taper jeans, etc., to get that stacked look.
    Any models out there that will do this for me?
    (Don't mean to hijack, but it seems we have a similar issue)

Have you tried the Dry Bones DP570?

I have big thighs (24 inches) and these fit me really, really well and they have a crazy narrow leg opening. It's an intense taper but it's the only option to get that narrow leg opening without looking like my legs are going to bust out of the jeans. The denim on Dry Bones is really nice, as well.

17. thekunk07