1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Jeans for Guys With Big Legs

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CelebrateLife, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Bring The Noise

Bring The Noise Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat
    I'm 30 waist, 24 thighs, 15.5 calves w/ 28 inseam
    so I'm looking for 31-32 waist, 25-25.5 thighs and 15.75-16 calves (I like about an inch or 2 of room)

I'm not really looking for streching

Here's a list I made quickly for guys with big thighs. (default of 25 inches when im' comparing sizes)

Is this sizing guide accurate?
    http://www.oipolloi.com/store/NudieJ...vage-1051.html
    I'd have to get a size 36 to fit my thighs which would suck =/

average joes need a 36 as well
    http://www.oipolloi.com/store/NudieJ...digo-1798.html

Lee Gold 101z seems to have quite a low rise

Sugarcane 1966 seems promising at 33 waist
    http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=14753

Blue blood looks good as well @ size 32 (has same measurements as sugar cane 1966)
    http://www.styleforum.net/archive/in...p/t-41736.html

can't find anything on Johnbull SC002 meaurements

APC rescues, size 29 (32.5 waist, 11.75 thights => probably need size 31 but that's 35 waist, too bad)

Can't seem to get measurement for KMW 1950s

Dior 19cm - size 29 = 8.5 inches??? http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=793061
    http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23446
    size 33 has a thigh of 10.5 inches, too small

Solid recommendations based off some quick searching:
    Blue blood & sugarcane 1966 would fit a 24 inch thigh with 25 inches of thigh room.

I have 24 inch thighs, APC rescue in 30 will work fine for u...they stretch out quite a bit also dior 19 cm in 32 have a thigh measurement of 12", which is what i also have

2. Viktri

Viktri Well-Known Member

I actually have pants with 24 inch thighs and my friends have complained that they look skin tight. Is it possible the denim (they are these tapered stiff levis) are the reason for this? I have a pair of guess that are 25 inch and really soft denim and they look much better. Continuing my search: These are for tall people (which I am not =/) http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=251 DP-570 seems it would fit pretty good and they look tapered, which is a plus http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=250 Guitar Wolf Jet Jeans as well

3. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

Did someone say big thighs? Behold...

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

the Baggy Bjorn

4. Viktri

Viktri Well-Known Member

What are the thigh measurements, knee and leg opening measurements?
    Personally the perfect jean for me will be tapers w/ big thighs without needing to tailor them

5. chiral

chiral Well-Known Member

I'm 6'6, 36 waist, with 27" thighs from cycling and being lazy. I have a pair of Rogan raw selvage jeans that fit me suprisingly well. Straight fit, pretty relaxed through the thighs, and good quality. Got them from Stel's in Boston.

6. ataru

ataru Well-Known Member

I'd recommend 5ep straight down zip. I sized down to a 29, (normal dry jean size 30, natural waist 31.5) and the thighs are still like an inch or two baggier than my size 32 lvc47s for some reason (remember lvcs shrink 2 sizes and 47s are very narrow). Meanwhile the knee and below is drastically narrower than those same 47s. Incidentally the waist has also stretched out like a mofo. The cut is kinda weird when sized down like this but i think it looks rather stylish.

7. Viktri

Viktri Well-Known Member

I'd recommend 5ep straight down zip. I sized down to a 29, (normal dry jean size 30, natural waist 31.5) and the thighs are still like an inch or two baggier than my size 32 lvc47s for some reason (remember lvcs shrink 2 sizes and 47s are very narrow). Meanwhile the knee and below is drastically narrower than those same 47s. Incidentally the waist has also stretched out like a mofo. The cut is kinda weird when sized down like this but i think it looks rather stylish.

What's the thigh measurement?

chiral - you don't sound like you have big thighs in proportion (you're a whole foot taller than me!) to your body

8. ataru

ataru Well-Known Member

The thigh measurement on my 29s using the blueingreen method is 21 inches, not as big as I thought. Still, feels very baggy compared to the 16 inch knee and hem.I also am positive they would stretch out a whole lot too. The problem though is that they stretch out at the waist as well- I need a belt to keep it from looking like I'm sagging them because of the high rise. I bet as long as you wore a belt they'd work out nicely for you in size 30 or 31. Personally I wish my thighs could fill out my pair a bit better- I think it looks cool in a James Dean sort of way.

edit: actually i measured my own thigh directly and it's 21, and the jeans are baggy on me in the thigh, so theyve gotta be at least 22 or 23.

9. Philosoph

Philosoph Well-Known Member

It would be nice if that would work, but I don't think I could stretch the thighs out 3 or 4 whole inches. I probably couldn't even get my legs into those in the first place.

24-inch legs and accompanying hips/butt aren't that big objectively, but when you have a 30-inch waist it's kind of a proportional nightmare for pants.

10. blackrover

blackrover Well-Known Member

Did someone say big thighs? Behold...

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

the Baggy Bjorn

They look good. How many months and have they had a wash in that picture?

11. modual

modual Well-Known Member

Whereabouts are you measuring your "natural waist" ? Thinking about the 5ep myself. I'm sure everyone has different ideas on where to measure themselves [​IMG]

12. twothreesix

twothreesix Member

13. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

blackrover, the Baggy Bjorns are at about 5, maybe 6 months in that pic and they have not been washed or soaked.

14. prechtik

prechtik Member

What is the minimum inseam excess recommended for some nice stacking/honeycombs? I wear a natural inseam of 34" (not reaching the ground), so I'd imagine very minimal stacking material for some of these roomier thigh cut denim which only seem to go up to 34"

15. The Devil's Hands

The Devil's Hands Well-Known Member

Consider these guys: http://www.gussetclothing.com/ USA made, with extra ball room. Their website is a little, uh...patriotic, but I can't complain about the prices or the quality. It's like Levi's was back in the day.

16. 123hello12

123hello12 Active Member

Consider these guys:

http://www.gussetclothing.com/

USA made, with extra ball room. Their website is a little, uh...patriotic, but I can't complain about the prices or the quality. It's like Levi's was back in the day.

Those look terrible

17. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Well-Known Member

I have almost the exact same body as you and i can offer some recommendations
    - Johnbull SC002 (relaxed in the thigh taper from knee down)
    - APC rescues
    - KMW 1950s
    - Dior 19cm (believe or not they are actually pretty relaxed in the thigh)

Agreed, I have the same waist/thigh measurements. I have the KMW 1950s (30) and APC Rescues (28). The thighs on the KMWs are a bit tight but not overly restrictive.

I'd also recommend the 5EPxSDZ (30), Nudie AJDS (30) or KMW 2010s (30), all of which have a bit more room in the thighs than the 1950 or Rescue.

18. Philosoph

Philosoph Well-Known Member

I tried the KMW 2010s in 31 and they were significantly tighter in the thigh than I anticipated.

I'm waiting on some Rescues in 29, so I'm hoping the thighs on those will stretch out a bit.

19. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

Lose weight.

If by "weight," you mean leg muscle from working out...no thanks.

20. dshack

dshack Well-Known Member

Are there any nudies besides the bjorn with a bigger-than-average thigh (but still skinny down low)?