1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

jcrew sweaters

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LooksGood, Dec 30, 2013.

1. LooksGood

LooksGood Well-Known Member

Hi, I had a ralph lauren sweater that pilled(the cotton came off on the shirts constanty). I was very disappointed. Now I need a new sweater. Do jcrew sweaters pill also? Also, a question about the fit: I've put on a little weight and the Medium slim fit is a bit snug, and the torso is short, though the sleeves are perfect. My chest is 38-39, and jcrew says a M is 38, a L is 40. I tried the L slim fit and it was too baggy and the sleeves too long. Should I opt for the M regular or M tall? Thanks

2. dohare

dohare Well-Known Member

i feel as if the j crew fits are pretty inconsistent, have you tried banana republic? i don't buy anything from BR except their v-neck merino sweaters.

3. LooksGood

yeah I do and BR fits well. But I have so much BR stuff if I wear another I'm going to puke.

4. HughJ

HughJ Well-Known Member

Like crazy. I've been lounging around in one all day. Comfy as hell, but you get what you pay for.

5. LooksGood

I want to buy a navy crewneck sweater that doesn't pill. suggestions please? Thank yoou

6. papa kot

papa kot Well-Known Member

At this point J.Crew sells design that looks cute in a catalog and on the web. Sweaters are your typical "Made in China" crap of poor quality. This includes the cashmere line that, supposedly, uses Italian yarns.

7. LaymanX

LaymanX Well-Known Member

Try the one on the HY site.. Priced cheaper than JCrew, and its apparently made by William Lockie which would be heads and shoulders better than MIC stuff

8. LooksGood

What does HY stand for?

9. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member