1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Jcrew Polos color loss

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by crisscross, Apr 29, 2010.

1. crisscross

crisscross Member

Guys have you had trouble with your jcrew t-shirts color fading after just a couple of washes? I got a bunch of Jcrew vintage polos and they all seem to wash badly. I had one fade in patches making it unwearable after just 1 wash!

I only wash my clothes in cold/soft water and hang dry them.

Any advice/tips?

2. MortyGras

MortyGras Well-Known Member

I guess someone at the JC creative ideas lab (...) really took the term 'Vintage* to heart.

3. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

No, haven't noticed. that with mine. Of course all clothes fade a little over time with washings. What detergent do you use?

4. JackM

JackM Well-Known Member

No, haven't noticed. that with mine. Of course all clothes fade a little over time with washings. What detergent do you use?

My money is on industrial strength bleach.

5. crisscross

crisscross Member

6. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

That's your problem, son. My recommendation for all clothes: Woolite Dark. And go easy on how much you use.