• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Menswear Magazine Scanlations

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

ChristopherBerr

Reaction score
Fashion is impossible without dedicated artisans who possess an uncompromising vision of beauty (or perhaps not! --discuss amongst yourselves!).

If anyone here wants to learn more about the bag-making that goes on at Ortus, then this is definitely worth a read (especially if you are interested in The Armoury and Antonio Liverano, as they are weaved into Komatsu-san's story).

I wish everyone a peaceful and fulfilling holiday.

Thank you all for your kind attention,

Christopher Sebastian Berry

http://friction-less.blogspot.com/2013/12/mens-ex-uncompromising-artisans-komatsu.html

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

[COLOR=37404E]Fashion is impossible without dedicated artisans who possess an uncompromising vision of beauty (or perhaps not! --discuss amongst yourselves!).[/COLOR] If anyone here wants to learn more about the bag-making that goes on at Ortus, then this is definitely worth a read (especially if you are interested in The Armoury and Antonio Liverano, as they are weaved into Komatsu-san's story). I wish everyone a peaceful and fulfilling holiday. Thank you all for your kind attention, Christopher Sebastian Berry http://friction-less.blogspot.com/2013/12/mens-ex-uncompromising-artisans-komatsu.html
Great translation! Mr. Komatsu certainly makes some of the finest bags out there.

ChristopherBerr

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

(link): A NEW Men's Ex SCANLATION IS HERE!

Akamine Yukio offers up his methodology behind developing one's classic sense of style,
as well as his insights into his favorite tailor, Liverano & Liverano.

On a brief side note, I have spent the past year working on a project which is about to finally come to fruition.

My initial aim is to give trim fitting dress shirts added freedom of movement, while maintaining the visual benefits of an elegant pattern design.

Further details can be found here.

I look forward to keeping you all apprised as it launches in the near future.

Thank you all for welcoming me into the SF community and for your continued support,

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hello everyone,

(link): [COLOR=0000FF]A NEW Men's Ex SCANLATION IS HERE! [/COLOR]

Akamine Yukio offers up his methodology behind developing one's classic sense of style,
as well as his insights into his favorite tailor, Liverano & Liverano. 

On a brief side note, I have spent the past year working on a project which is about to finally come to fruition. 

My initial aim is to give trim fitting dress shirts added freedom of movement, while maintaining the visual benefits of an elegant pattern design. 

Further details can be found here. 

I look forward to keeping you all apprised as it launches in the near future. 

Thank you all for welcoming me into the SF community and for your continued support,

Great translation as always (and nice choice)!! You should show it to Akamine-san :)

Good luck on your new venture too!!! :fonz:

ChristopherBerr

Reaction score
Thank you so much!

I'd definitely be honored to, should the opportunity arise!
biggrin.gif

HighToned

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads