1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Japanese Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by raley, Mar 29, 2006.

1. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Well-Known Member

you won't find the pure blues. they're sold out everywhere until sometime in june.

2. minya

minya Well-Known Member

The Eternal 811's aren't really slim at all. They're pretty much a regular cut. The reason you had to size up to 34 is because their sizing works like Levis 501 -- ie a size 34 is actually a size 32..

Same with Studio D'artisan.

3. horriblyjollyjinx

horriblyjollyjinx Well-Known Member

No, Studio D'Artisan's shrink to tagged size. The exceptions would be the sanforized jeans from SD which seem to shrink to slightly larger than tagged.

The explanation would be that pretty much all brands outside of Japan mark down their sizes. A 31 usually measures 32-33, and sometimes even more.

4. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Well-Known Member

Yes, i've tried on several SDA's and always wore a size 32. Eternals are the only ones that i had to size up 2 in. ibut as i said it also might be my larger/muscular thighs, i would never fit into dior denim period haha

5. digital_denim

digital_denim Well-Known Member

The SDAs shrunk down to tag size but also will stretch as you wear them more.

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Yes, i've tried on several SDA's and always wore a size 32. Eternals are the only ones that i had to size up 2 in. ibut as i said it also might be my larger/muscular thighs, i would never fit into dior denim period haha

You'd be surprised. Dior Homme jeans aren't much skinnier than SD-103s.

7. horriblyjollyjinx

horriblyjollyjinx Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised. Dior Homme jeans aren't much skinnier than SD-103s.

Depends on which model. The 21cm model will not be skinny, no.
    The cut with a 17cm leg opening is skinny though.

8. minya

minya Well-Known Member

No, Studio D'Artisan's shrink to tagged size.
    mine are size 34, came 34" when totally raw and shrank to 32" after a hot wash

9. Brian SD

mine are size 34, came 34" when totally raw and shrank to 32" after a hot wash

My 105s shrank to tag. [​IMG]

10. BlvdDandy

BlvdDandy Well-Known Member

My 105s shrank to tag. [​IMG]

Mine too.

11. minya

minya Well-Known Member

That's bizarre... I have no idea why mine were different [​IMG] also my size 34 SDAs were tighter (at first) than my size 34 Eternals.... (??????)

12. Brian SD

That's bizarre... I have no idea why mine were different [​IMG]

Could have been the hot wash, combined with a slightly off pair. I'm really not sure. I'm pretty sure that this discussion came up briefly before because Geowu was ordering the 103s and wasn't sure what size to get, and there were differing experiences.

I guess the only real way to be sure is to look at the measurements on the website you're buyin from.

13. worn down

worn down Active Member

And just to add to the confusion, my SD-103's size 31 that I got from coldrice measured 15" across the waist laid flat. Front rise measured 10".

The waist is a little snug, but not uncomfotable. Definitely not soaking these bad boys. The fit is exactly what I was looking for, something looser than my RRDS.

14. minya

minya Well-Known Member

You're not soaking them? Umm, they're gonna shrink 2 inches in the waist and at least 3 inches in length, dude.

15. digital_denim

digital_denim Well-Known Member

And just to add to the confusion, my SD-103's size 31 that I got from coldrice measured 15" across the waist laid flat. Front rise measured 10".

The waist is a little snug, but not uncomfotable. Definitely not soaking these bad boys. The fit is exactly what I was looking for, something looser than my RRDS.

Mine were a bit snug too when I got them. My solution was to wear them for a week. Then when they were nice and stretched out, I soaked them. Then I wore them while still wet (not dripping), and that way I was sure that they wouldn't shrink down to the point of not being able to button them. They always stretch out to a comfortable waist size.

16. worn down

worn down Active Member

You're not soaking them? Umm, they're gonna shrink 2 inches in the waist and at least 3 inches in length, dude.

From what I've read, they shrink to tagged size, so I'm not too worried about the waist or length. Maybe I'll follow digital_denim and soak them after a week's wear. Not really stressing on the shrinkage issue because they'll always stretch out.

17. lupin23rd

lupin23rd Well-Known Member

Anyone here have some Skull Jeans by Alchemist?

I've read they are similar to LVC 1955's and are available in STF dry as well as a one-wash.

Love the patch design, am really interested in these.

m

18. Ott

Ott Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can find some pics of Eternal 811s being worn? I've only seen this page (scroll down) and this thread on superfuture, and they seem to fit VERY differently. I was specifically looking for a shot of the ass/yoke region to see how anti-fit they are. I've read varying things. And thanks to the discussion on the previous page I am very confused. Ahaz told me I should go for a size 30 or 29, and we're roughly the same size, but... WARNING: ANNOYING SIZING QUESTIONS TO FOLLOW...[​IMG] If my 'true' waist is slightly less than a 30, and I wear 29s in Nudies and 27s in New Standards, what size do I need to get if I want to wear them tight-ish? I just don't want the flappy diaper ass that my homeboy Ahaz had

19. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Well-Known Member

From what I've read, they shrink to tagged size, so I'm not too worried about the waist or length. Maybe I'll follow digital_denim and soak them after a week's wear. Not really stressing on the shrinkage issue because they'll always stretch out.

If you bought a size 31 and they measured 15" across the back when you got them, then it only follows that it is almost impossible that they could shrink to tag size... right? Or am i missing something.

20. Brian SD

If you bought a size 31 and they measured 15" across the back when you got them, then it only follows that it is almost impossible that they could shrink to tag size... right? Or am i missing something.

Sounds like they've already been washed/dried.