1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

JAN-JAN VAN ESSCHE

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Aug 18, 2013.

1. mts0710

mts0710 Member

got some hands on time w coat #15. here are some comments

the coat is fire. however im not immediately in love with it (yet). compared to other JJVE pieces this one fits a little bigger than i'm usually comfortable with. i have a small asian frame; it might be that it's just not as flattering on me because it's a bit long and i already have short legs.

otherwise, it's a beautiful, well-made coat. the fabric is dope. it's a very structured/substantial weave but still manages to feel really airy. very voluminous and drapey. feels really good to wear and is wonderful in motion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. curiouscharles

curiouscharles Well-Known Member

Looking best there with sleeves rolled and worn open - personally think this coat always shines most when worn open.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

It's suddenly hot and now I have epic regret not buying the voile 3/4 sleeve shirt from Calculs. Has anybody seen an L (or XL) anywhere else?
    Where's Suspension Points orders? I know they usually take a while to get stuff online but I feel like it's usually sooner than this?

4. amathew

amathew Well-Known Member

I think Joseph said next week

He mentioned that they were getting the following JJVE items. Just email them.

1. Jacket #19 / Deep Black Jutte / 100% Linen - Kimono Jacket with belt fastening, front pockets, and 3/4 length sleeves.

2. Jumpsuit #4B / Black Ridges / 65% Cotton 35% Linen - Short-sleeve jumpsuit with drawstring waist, adjustable hem, and stitched on pockets.

3. Trousers #30 / Speckled Grey Boiled Ramie-Linen / 50% Ramie 50% Linen - Loose track pants out of one pattern piece with elasticated waistband, jet side pockets, stitched back pockets, and adjustable tab closure on hem.

4. Shirt #49 / Black Boiled Cotton-Ramie / 50% Cotton 50% Ramie - Relaxed fit long V-neck shirt-jacket with angled front pockets.

5. Shirt #48 / Driftwood Grey-Green Voile Cotton / 100% Cotton - Loose fit button-down shirt out of one pattern piece with reverse covered placket front closure.

6. Sweat #27 / Dark Taupe-Grey Rough Sweat Cotton / 100% Cotton - Extended shoulder sleeveless sweatshirt with hood, adjustable drawstring at the hood + hem, and button-front closure.

7. Tee #41 / Yuzu Yellow Cotton-Linen Jersey / 70% Cotton 30% Linen - Regular short-sleeve t-shirt out of one pattern piece.

8. Scarf #12 / Black Corde Cotton / 100% Cotton Knit - Loom knitted scarf.

5. mts0710

mts0710 Member

although not listed on their site, lantiki has shirt #50 in L last i checked. dover street market ny has one too in white/different fabric.

this shirt runs freakin large. i usually wear an xs/s. tried both and i was still swimming in fabric. sick shirt. too big for me unfortunately :c

6. OccultaVexillum

@amathew Dope, thanks

@mts0710 yeah it looks huge, but in the best way possible.

7. curiouscharles

curiouscharles Well-Known Member

'tis honestly the most epic JJVE shirt i've ever bought [by that i mean both for the store, and myself].

if you can find it don't hesitate and just jump on the fucking thing - absolutely fantastic on its own, or under a coat [wear mine under the hooded trench from this season or on its own with the same trousers & sneaks i styled it with on the website / on instagram].

the voile fabric is unbelievable, just wore mine on my recent LA tattoo trip in 29 degree celsius weather with zero sweat issues - perfect weight / breathability for proper summer wear.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  8. OccultaVexillum

[​IMG]

Can you get another one?
    I always end up hesitating on JJVE and I have no fucking idea why. There's no L's on solarshop either.

@mts0710
    How did you find out Lantiki had one if it's not online?
    And does anybody feel like proxying from DSMNY for me? I live upstate.

9. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Well-Known Member

May I please request a picture of this particular shirt? [​IMG] I don't seem to recall how it looked.

10. OccultaVexillum

@Mojo1990

[​IMG]

Also, unrelated but if you have more questions about those Lemaire pants on Grailed, PM me on here.

1 person likes this.
  11. mts0710

mts0710 Member

yay it’s warm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

picked up SP’s last two ramie shirts (shirt #43). they’re freakin sick. i’ve never handled ramie before and honestly did not know what to expect. these are some of my fav pieces now.

it was 80~ in nyc today so decided to give it a try. super comfortable and soft to the touch. kept me cool throughout the day. laid back and relaxed design and silhouette. so beautifully cut, loose, and drapey without being too challenging to wear. if you can find one in your size and want to try wearing looser shirts but don't know where to start, these are a great way to start. highly recommend

1 person likes this.