1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

James Brown – The Godfather of Soul Dies Early on Christmas Day

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Full Canvas, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Full Canvas

Full Canvas Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Good Bye, James! If you didn't see James live, you truly missed something wonderful. The man gave his all in every performance. He died early on this Christmas morning in Atlanta.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22

2. gorgekko

gorgekko Well-Known Member

There is devastation here at my home with the news. God rest his soul.

3. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Well-Known Member

The man's work is done. RIP JB.

4. caliborn

caliborn Member

the man who totally influenced the kind of music I listen to.......there will be no more like him...........EVER!!!!!!

5. French Cuff Consignment

French Cuff Consignment Active Member

This past Summer James Brown was in Los Angeles, he performed at the Hollywood Bowl during their Summer Jazz Festival, and I finally got to see him perform live. He could only squiggle his legs around for very short bursts, but it was still exhilarating. All evening he might only have squiggled 4 or 5 times in 3 second bursts, but we all went crazy, every time! How in the world he went 50+ years with out ever stringing more than two audibly understandable words, and yet he still changed the entire world of music... you just can't explain that to your kids. You just have to show them a DVD, then they'll get it, and never forget it. Sleep well old timer. We won't likely ever forget him, now will we?? I just wished he hadn't smoked all that crack and then had to be chased all over America on sparking rims! But I would pay good money for that mug shot they got of him, when they finally caught up to him! [​IMG] ANNNNNNNGH! EEEEUUUUEEEEHAAAA!!

6. hermes

hermes Well-Known Member

does anyone remember this song from 1992ish? by the band LAStyle?

[​IMG]

7. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

[Never mind]

8. j

j Well-Known Member

does anyone remember this song from 1992ish? by the band LAStyle?

[​IMG]

Yes, that got stuck in my head instantly when I heard the news. My friend used to listen to that song incessantly back then.

9. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

We heard he had a 24 karat gold casket and saw clips from a tribute where it looks like he was lying, in his open casket, on stage, and various singers were serenading him. It was moving but creepy. Also creepy was Michael Jackson saluting him. Anything Michael Jackson does is creepy.