1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by culverwood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Its WJW

Its WJW Member

Thanks @rbhan12 I have seen that already though. Not a fan of that model in all honesty.

2. rbhan12

rbhan12 Well-Known Member

No worries, I'm sure it's possible via his MTO though. I'd bet if prompted he could combine these two patterns and make a tassel loafer with apron stitching.

I agree with you though, if there's a particular style I'm looking for I'll look to Justin first and elsewhere second. Definitely like to buy from someone I actually know. Maybe that's why I've purchased like 8 pairs...[​IMG]

forgot to add the photo...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  3. Its WJW

Its WJW Member

I'll see how persuasive I can be! His designs are fantastic don't get me wrong, but I think one of his main assets within his brand and the marketing ect, really is himself. This level of close interpersonal relationships is really what every company should aim for! I'm currently saving for an MTO Fauntleroy, a brown museum+grain Madison, and a museum calf Magnolia, I'll catch up to your 8 in no time;)

4. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Well-Known Member

Well today was my first MTO with Justin. As said above, by far the best experience with a shoe or really any brand I have dealt with. Answered a ton of questions, can't wait to see them!

Went with an Eldridge. Going to be a great boot!

And if Justin ever designs a double monk ala GG Oakham or Lobb Chapel id likely order 2. Really love the tight together buckles and swept back placement creating that angle on the strap across the vamp that those models offer.

5. Defianttek

Defianttek Member

I love the shoes. I was in London about 2 months ago and went to the shop for my first fitting (always nervous about buying a shoe blind). I picked up a pair of magnolia's in museum calf and i love them. I have since purchased a pair of the button boots and they are in the mail (Hazel Calf).

If I could make one suggestion for Justin, it would be for the blog. Currently all the links, when you click on them, happen in the same tab. If you could make any external link open in a new tab, it would be nice. Not a big deal, but I think it would keep people on your blog longer.

1 person likes this.
  6. Its WJW

Its WJW Member

On PC: right click the link and press 'open in a new tab'
    On iPhone: hold your finger on the link and then press 'open in a new tab' when the menu comes up from the bottom.

I've not experienced on any other platform but I assume it'll be the same mate.

7. Benjaminslost

Benjaminslost Active Member

Well, I get to try some J F shoes thanks to member rbhan12 (thanks, rbhan12!) at used prices as I work up the courage to order button boots. Do any of you have these boots? How easy/fussy is it to button them on?

I really like these shoes. Unique in the marketplace and well priced.

1 person likes this.
  8. bsmw

bsmw Well-Known Member

Dear all,

I am also considering the button boots but have no experience with the lasts of Justin's shoes. i wear Carmina Rain, GG F width and EG E width in the same size. Shall I go for the same same size for the button boots? My worry is my relatively high instep may not fit well with Justin's lasts.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

9. notdos

notdos Well-Known Member

I believe Justin states that the button boots do not fit a high instep well.
    They are a bit fiddly, but do get easier to button with wear. The biggest issue is, if you're fat (like me), comfortably reaching the buttons is challenging. :)

Phillip

10. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Just been to visit Justin. Accidentally bought shoes. Pics to follow...

(@sebastian mcfox - plenty of appetisers here!)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  11. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Well-Known Member

Do your laces close all the way on Rain?

12. gusm

gusm Member

Related, anyone else have anything to add on how the magnolia Oxford and Madison loafer for given the same last? Also, how would you compare those to Carmina Rain and Uetam? Thanks.

13. bsmw

bsmw Well-Known Member

Thanks gents.

I have a gap of about 1cm in the lace area when I wear my Rain last wholecut and I have to use the third buckle hole when I wear my Rain last monkstrap.

On the other hand, I have a pair of Enzo Bonafe Derby in the 74945 last at the same size, but the laces close completely even after I inserted an additional sockliners.

14. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Well-Known Member

Thanks for your kind words, I do appreciate them.

Here is an older model of mine that is my version of a tassel loafer. It is called LESCHI

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  15. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Well-Known Member

Our Summer sale has just begun on www.theshoesnob.com for those of you in need of shoe accessories. Shoe sale to come soon

all orders to UK have free shipping and all orders to the US over £100 also have free shipping.

16. shoesforever

shoesforever Member

Yeah, Justin's shoes are lovely [​IMG]

The Magnolia on the round TMG last:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. CanadaCal

Can we get some pics, with some comparable brands. There must be a bunch of you out there. Describe the fit, instep levels, etc...

I have ordered a boot and am confident it will be okay, but may pickup a shoe over the next few days. Lets see them!

1 person likes this.
  18. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Well-Known Member

I'll line up a top-down shot of 2 JFP lasts next to Carmina/Vass/GG and post pics.

1 person likes this.
  19. CanadaCal

Great, thanks! Also you opinion in the instep height would be valuable. I have a low instep but may be able to make it work, just need to see some visuals to help my decision.

20. Defianttek

Defianttek Member

Would you use the UK8 Alderwood shoe tree in the button boot UK8.5?