1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pnewelljr, Oct 4, 2012.

1. mike1445

mike1445 Well-Known Member

theyre changing their instore offerings to largely just slim fit. pretty turned off by them lately as I'm a 38x34, regular fit XL so online or nothing pretty much

2. Takster

Takster Active Member

Classic-fit shirts and sweaters are available in the J.Crew Men's Shop stores. However, I've only seen the slimmer fit pants in the stores.

The advantage to ordering online from J.Crew is that most of the online clothing do not have Sensormatic tags sewn in.

3. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

Of course. You can get both slim and regular fit although they might not have every item that they have on the web.

4. johnnykicks

johnnykicks Well-Known Member

Is this the "official" Jcrew Thread for Streetwear Forum or is there one in the classic menswear section as well? Jcrew pieces seem to be both classic/streetwear so I wasn't sure which thread to subscribe too for current Jcrew info and reviews. Really wish there was a Jcrew Tall shop megathread lol that would be right up my alley.

5. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Well-Known Member

A tall megathread would be nice as well.

But since we are talking about JCREW, I've been waitin for their summer clearance. They keep floating out sales but adding only a few deep discount pieces.

6. johnnykicks

johnnykicks Well-Known Member

7. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Since JCrew is having lackluster sales, they are now downgrading their materials. Now certain pieces are using 40% Polyester but they don't advertise it on the description!

8. bl@ster

bl@ster Well-Known Member

I noticed this! I went into J. Crew the other day to check out their Fall new arrivals and was shocked by how shitty the fabric was this year. It looked like Old Navy grade material -- the flannels were a joke. Just awful. Guess I'll just get a couple Wallace And Barnes things and that's it. What a shame.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  9. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

30% off $125+ right now, get tall sizes while you can haha

It seems several companies are doing this. I used to buy henleys from Eddie Bauer and recently they changed their legend wash to 40% polyester. When I called them to see if they had any of the old styles they said no because they had recently "upgraded" their materials lol.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  10. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in resurrecting this thread? J. Crew does have some interesting items from time to time.

What I'm really interested in this season are the donegal sweaters from Kilcarra that they have here:
    https://www.jcrew.com/ca/mens_category/sweaters/wool/PRDOVR~F8237/F8237.jsp
    https://www.jcrew.com/ca/mens_category/sweaters/wool/PRDOVR~F8236/F8236.jsp

I've bought the first one, but haven't taken the tags off as yet, while I'm debating whether to keep or not. Of course, didn't pay full price.

11. Viral

Viral Well-Known Member

when bought on sale, J Crew has some the best stuff for everyday use. Heck, even some of their dress trousers are quite nice for the price (depending on the level of discount). The sweaters you linked are sold out on the US website, but they look great.

For everyday use that won't kill my pocket, I like their cashmere sweaters (can be had for under a $100 every season if you time the sales correctly).

I almost swear by their driving loafers!

12. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Well-Known Member

I love JCREW for many things.

I have them down for sweatpants, polos, shorts, and some button downs. Have not been interested much in their button down fabrics or colors lately.

I also use them for kids clothes, for which I took advantage of this 40% off sale.

13. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

I actually got three of their cashmere sweaters for about $30CAD each about three months ago in-store at the Eaton Centre, which I thought was weird as fall was coming.

The reviews aren't great, but I haven't gotten the chance to wear them as yet.

14. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

I"m normally an XS in Club Monaco in sweaters (MAX though, any bigger and I'll size up) and I find certain sweaters in J crew that were XS is SUPER tight and cannot be worn.

And other sweaters XS fits fine.

The quality is the same for both J crew and Club Monaco imo. But the sizing is inconsistent

15. jhwendland

jhwendland Well-Known Member

I have to disagree. Club Monaco's knitwear is vastly superior to J Crew's. I'm yet to purchase a shirt from CM (not a fan of those near nonexistent collars), but I have to assume the quality of their shirts' construction is miles ahead of J Crew.

The only thing I really count on J Crew for is pants.