1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pnewelljr, Oct 4, 2012.

1. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Well-Known Member

You're welcome. I personally like the grey coat in the last slide though, most of the items look very good too. I wonder who designs men's collection. Jenna Lyons takes care of men's too?

2. JilSlander

JilSlander Well-Known Member

I believe it's both Jenna Lyons and Frank Muytjens.

They're doing a great job.

3. deez nuts

deez nuts Well-Known Member

anyone interested in the j.crew norse projects skipper jkt in a M?

[​IMG]

4. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Well-Known Member

Anyone own the wool/leather Donkey jacket from last year? I picked one up on ebay and I am curious about how it fits compared to the Skiff jacket. They look almost the same only the Donkey has leather panels.

5. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Well-Known Member

I really like that first jacket. I dont know if I could pull it off but the pockets are great.
    [​IMG]

This entire look is really nice actually. I dont currently own a toggle coat. This looks like a good option.
    [​IMG]

These two jackets are also nice.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I was at JCrew today and saw the Ghillie jacket in person. That thing looks nice for sure. They didnt have a medium out and I didnt have time to ask to see if they had one in the back. I probably wouldn't pay $300 for it anyway but if I come across one on sale later on Im going to consider it.
    [​IMG]

6. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where J. Crew sources their fabrics? Specifically their oxford shirts? All I can gather is that it is somewhere in Mauritius.

7. Duncan Mak

Duncan Mak Member

I've been looking around for bomber jackets for the spring, and so far, I haven't found anything that I liked.

I tried the Alpha Industry Burnett jacket, but it didn't fit right - http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=30619498&parentid=M_OUTERWEAR

I just ordered one from Topman, we'll see how that goes - http://needsupply.com/mens/outerwear/olive-ma-1-bomber-jacket.html

The one that looks really on point is this one from Wallace & Barnes last year, but it's completely sold out (I tried eBay, but no luck):

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/outerwear/wallaceandbarnes/PRDOVR~82853/82853.jsp

Any other suggestions?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  8. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

No, but keep looking. Something will work out.

9. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trust any heavier jackets from J. Crew i.e. the Duffle, Pea coat, etc. You can find better buys / better fabric / heavier jackets from other companies.

1 person likes this.
  10. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

toj

11. jhwendland

jhwendland Well-Known Member

I've always liked the look of the Saturdays goose bomber jacket. Never pulled the trigger on it though, so I can't speak for the quality.

12. Duncan Mak

Duncan Mak Member

13. applky

applky Well-Known Member

Any ideas on this? Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  14. DayTripper

DayTripper Well-Known Member

I've always been disappointed by J.Crew's socks. In my experience, they do start off huge and then shrink a bunch, but I don't find them very comfortable or very high quality. My favorite no-show socks are from Mocc Sock (http://moccsocks.myshopify.com). I use them all summer.

I should point out that I am in no way affiliated with them.

15. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Well-Known Member

30% off sale items in-store at Rockefeller NY location. Decent stock.

2 snorkel parkas (XL & XS)
    a bunch of skiff jackets
    Quilted Camo

16. applky

applky Well-Known Member

Thanks for this! I love Mocc Socks. Just a fan of this pattern.

With the shrinkage, are you speaking about their no show socks or their socks in general?

17. DayTripper

DayTripper Well-Known Member

I meant their socks in general. I had to wash them a couple of times before they shrank down to size - not sure why I didn't return them. They ended up being pretty snug after that and I have small feet (8 in vans, 7 in JP).

Anyway, I don't know if this is true for their no-show socks, but their regular socks don't have a flat seam and, IMO, they're really uncomfortable.

18. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

... why does a pair of no show socks need a pattern? not trying to be a dick, legitimately curious

1 person likes this.
  19. applky

applky Well-Known Member

Legit question. No reason at all -- just looks cool. Same reason people buy patterned underwear.

20. UpDownAeroplane

UpDownAeroplane Active Member

i will be of help.

i have some of the j.crew no-show socks. like 4 pairs. i have pairs in white and grey, the standard colors they always sell.

i also have a patterned pair but i don't have those striped ones, i am guessing they are the same.

yes they do shrink after washing and drying, mine would never fit right until i did that.

last year they had no-show socks by anonymous ism and damn they are sick. i love 'em. quality is great.