1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pnewelljr, Oct 4, 2012.

1. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Well-Known Member

Yea I really liked the look of those. I have a couple RRL westerns but none of them have the sawtooth pockets like this one which is the other part of what I liked about it. As long as it fits like my other Wallace and Barnes shirts Ill be set.

2. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Well-Known Member

Completely pedestrian question here, but here goes: thinking about buying a pair of the J. Crew Macalisters in Dark Khaki but have perviously favored the Quoddy Chukkas which I own now. The Quoddy Chukka is probably the most comfortable shoe that I have tried, but I like the aesthetic of the Macalisters, once they have reached a worn in state. These shoes also seem at home with more of a diversity of fits. Does anyone know if I will be severely let down by the Macalisters, comparatively? (i.e. in terms of comfort, fit and construction?) Also, does anyone if these shoes are covered under the 25% off of 150+ sales that J. Crew typically features? Think I might grab them, but I also do not want to pay half price. (I have a gift card.)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  3. chen04

chen04 Member

Anyone know how lenient JCrew is with accepting returns on final sale items? Their slim shirts aren't fitting really consistently and many of the shirts I buy are just too short, way slimmer than other JCrew slim shirts of the same size.

Any recommendations on brands similar to JCrew for an athletic build?

4. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Well-Known Member

I've also found the J Crew to bee too short in the body. I recommend checking out the Gant Rugger Hugger fit. The recent ones are really slim. Ones from a year + ago are a little less fitted through the body.

5. chen04

chen04 Member

Wow great minds think alike. I randomly picked up a Gant regular fit from the Nordstroms sale and it looks amazing. It needs some darts, but otherwise the silhouette is so great. Gant is damn expensive though, where do you get your shirts?

6. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Well-Known Member

Uniqlo; Wolf vs Goat; United Stock Dry Goods. A lot of people don't like Uniqlo bc they say their shirts are too long, but they have a size chart.

7. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

I smell :spam: a cookin'.

8. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Well-Known Member

Any in-store promos going on right now bros??

9. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Well-Known Member

I saw Quoddy t-shirts at Woodbury J.Crew outlet store last year. They were selling at like $40, but the quality of the fabric was terrible. I wondered why they were so expensive.

10. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

dumb question but are you the same shady k from the fgc

11. zxu426

zxu426 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  12. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

13. applky

applky Well-Known Member

For those of you who have bought J Crew's patterned no-show socks, specifically these striped ones, have you found them to shrink very much? I tried on a pair and they seem quite roomy for no-show/loafer socks, and I have size US 10.5 feet. They'd have to shrink a bunch to work.

(thinking optimistically ahead to warm weather...)

These socks:

[​IMG]

14. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Well-Known Member

I got my sawtooth chambray western in the mail yesterday. The colour is way better than what the photo on the JCrew website showed. Its a lot closer to this colour.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Well-Known Member

Lightweight chambrays are back (link):

[​IMG]

I got one last year, really like it. Hope this is a sign that the linen shirts will be returning as well...

16. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Well-Known Member

17. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  18. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Well-Known Member

Nice, I love mine as well. Looks like the new ones went easier on the contrast stitching, which is a big plus in my book!

19. Golf54

Golf54 Well-Known Member

damnit who took the topcoat

20. deez nuts

deez nuts Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing. i like that green down parka. i actually really liked the one from this past year, but found the armpit area to be too tight. sizing up didn't work out either, i was swimming in it.