1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pnewelljr, Oct 4, 2012.

1. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Well-Known Member

I finally ended up getting the Wallace & Barnes Skiff jacket with thinsulate lining in black today. I think this is one of my favourite fitting JCrew jackets.

2. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

3. potemkin_city_limits

A lot of the stuff on the site never makes it to the store in Canada. I have noticed a lot of stuff that sells out on the site ends up in the stores in Canada a while later and just sits there unsold for a while. There were a few Wallace & Barnes pieces I remember seeing a while back on the site and regretting not ordering when I had the chance then a few months later they show up in the store here and eventually go on sale for 50% off the marked sale price. They are really very odd when it comes to their Canadian stores.

One weird thing about JCrew is that they wont allow you to return your online purchases in store in Canada because they said its too complicated to deal with currency exchange since it can change from day to day, but they will reimburse you for your return shipping. That means they are worried about possibly losing out on a few dollars here and there with currency exchange, but they will throw away $20-$25 per return no problem. Very strange.

4. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Well-Known Member

I was pleasantly surprised the last time I had to return something to J.Crew and they offered to pay for return shipping. Can't remember the last time an American-based store has offered that to Canadians.

5. innerstyle

innerstyle Well-Known Member

For that particular sweater, one of their pages indicated it was handmade and limited to 50 which explains its scarcity and price.
    https://www.jcrew.com/discovered/men/canadian_sweater_company.jsp

1 person likes this.
  6. althanis

Wait what, they offer free return shipping? How do I get that?

And thanks for the additional info innerstyle. It appears that one can order custom sweaters from Canadian Sweater Company for about $395 (if you google it you'll find their page).

7. potemkin_city_limits

I just call them and tell them I want to make a return and that someone on their end told me they will reimburse me for the shipping and they say to just mail it back and then send them a photo of the receipt and they refund it to the credit card you paid for the order with. They have done it for me about 4 or 5 times now. I always explain how it doesnt make sense that they dont just let me return in store but they insist its the only way.

If you order something from the site that they carry in the store they will allow you to exchange it for another size most of the time too.

8. 89andy

89andy Well-Known Member

anyone know how the new jcrew ludlow shoes fit?

9. pvoytko

pvoytko Well-Known Member

a friend that works at jcrew said sale would go 75 percent off at some point

dont know when or for how long

10. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Well-Known Member

Interesting, some stores have very low men's sale stock.

Gotta know where there's still a good amount of sale items I guess.

11. althanis

Thanks for the info on the free returns. Twice I've returned stuff for $15 apiece.

12. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Well-Known Member

13. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Well-Known Member

Anyone know when the website will be updated with new stuffs, my local J. Crew store was preparing to roll out SS thingz yesterday.

14. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

Yeah, really. I'm sick and tired of looking at the nothingness in size xs on the website for the last month.

15. potemkin_city_limits

Are they usually this slow to roll out new products after Christmas?

16. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Well-Known Member

My dad has an old one (grew up in BC outside Vancouver) made by some actual first nations people long ago. It's great quality and if I were to buy myself a cowichan, I would definitely go the more authentic route, especially at that price.

17. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Well-Known Member

sale stock a rockefeller nyc location is barren.

A few sportcoats, ties, sweaters, and ties...not much else.

18. zxu426

zxu426 Well-Known Member

Most likely tomorrow. Web roll-outs tend to fall on Wednesdays. You can browse their online catalog on Pinterest.

19. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Well-Known Member

Yay!

20. potemkin_city_limits

Do you have a link to this Pinterest catalogue?