1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by raptorrapture, Jan 22, 2011.

1. JoeRogan

JoeRogan Well-Known Member

I got my Indy 403's, and they came with a brown, generic J.Crew box BUT they did come with shoe bags. Must be a hit or miss thing...?

I've bought 4 pairs (different sizes) and found that one of them came with shoe bags (can't remember if they said Alden or J. Crew on them) and none of them came in an actual Alden box. Unfortunately it wasn't a pair I kept, so when the pair I did keep didn't come with bags I emailed J. Crew and asked them to send me some. They did, for free, but it was one large bag and not two individual ones. The inconsistency is annoying but no big deal.

For you guys with indys, do you wear them year round? Or plan on it.

I plan on wearing mine year round, although probably not as much in summer

2. DrFaustus

DrFaustus Well-Known Member

For you guys with indys, do you wear them year round? Or plan on it.

Yes.

3. King Leer

King Leer Well-Known Member

I wear Indys year round and take breaks when it's too hot out to wear them, but yes.

4. madmadigan

madmadigan Well-Known Member

Just an FYI guys, I know this is J crew thread, but I got two Gant Rugger Handloom madras up for sale in the fs section, both size xxl, both new with tags. They fit slim, so sort of like a J Crew xl. I'm selling both for half off retail. Again, know this is J Crew thread, but I really like J Crew and Gant Rugger, and think people who like j crew would also like these shirts, great for spring.

Now back to j crew, I was in the store yesterday, they had two new madras shirts that I hadn't seen online yet, one was like a red/blue, really bright colors, going back to today. I'll try and take a pic. Most likely will end up coping one!

5. Guus

Guus Well-Known Member

Guys complaining about the Alden shoes. Why would you buy them from J.Crew? It's not like they're on discount or some exclusive design. If and when I do buy the Indys, I'm getting them from Theshoemart. Spread my business around.

6. JoeRogan

J. Crew is the only place you can use a 20% off coupon on these. You won't beat $360 for a new pair of Alden Indy's.

7. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

J. Crew is the only place you can use a 20% off coupon on these. You won't beat $360 for a new pair of Alden Indy's.

Yep. That's the reason.

8. dsoren

dsoren Well-Known Member

I didn't think the 20% off worked for Aldens?

9. JoeRogan

The one time 20% coupons do. No other coupons or the 20% off your first J. Crew card order work.

10. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

I got lucky on one of the 30% off sales where they included them.

11. JoeRogan

shit that's a fantastic deal

12. dsoren

dsoren Well-Known Member

Where does one get these one time 20% off coupons? I have dropped ridiculous amounts of $$ there and have yet to receive one. Are they stashed in the catalogs?

13. Cheese1

Cheese1 Well-Known Member

Just applied for a job there, hoping I get it. An employee discount would be very nice to have [​IMG]

14. pula_86

pula_86 Member

What has been the criticism of the trapper jacket fit. I've been looking at the trapper jacket. Thanks in advance to anyone who provides advice.

Went in and tried on jackets. The trapper jacket has a weird fit. It is very blouse-like. The fatigue jacket was a pretty good fit, but it was heavier than I was looking for. I got the cadet jacket on sale for $80 in Hawthorne Green. The fit is perfect for the cadet jacket

15. phototristan

phototristan Well-Known Member

Went in and tried on jackets. The trapper jacket has a weird fit. It is very blouse-like. The fatigue jacket was a pretty good fit, but it was heavier than I was looking for. I got the cadet jacket on sale for $80 in Hawthorne Green. The fit is perfect for the cadet jacket
    I still dig the Cadet jacket quite a bit and wear it often. I have the one that is almost Black (really dark Olive). It's no longer online, but is in the stores. Great fit and look. I'm sorta thinking about ordering this one, but don't know if it would be strange to have 2 of the same jackets, just in different colors? Thoughts on that anyone? [​IMG] http://www.jcrew.com/mens_factory_ca...~~~~/29109.jsp

16. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

ya i like the fit of cadet jacket the most. it's just perfect in length, width, and almost everything else for me.

i'll go check my local retail see if it's on sale. i wanna cop the faded black real bad.

17. phototristan

phototristan Well-Known Member

ya i like the fit of cadet jacket the most. it's just perfect in length, width, and almost everything else for me. i'll go check my local retail see if it's on sale. i wanna cop the faded black real bad.
    Last time I was in a store, the black one was still $128. (what I paid). That was just last week. The great thing about the black one is that it's not as 'army surplus' looking but still has a military inspired look. I think it goes well with more outfits because of that. [​IMG]

18. dave333

dave333 Well-Known Member

20 dollar 484 cords? nicee

19. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking abt getting the black but not the dark green.

20. madmadigan

madmadigan Well-Known Member

Was just in local store today. They had the Cadet jackets on sale, all were $79.99. They had the green/olive, the black, and then what looked like a light grey.