1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J Crew Spring/Summer 2011 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by raptorrapture, Jan 22, 2011.

1. raptorrapture

raptorrapture Well-Known Member

J. Crew posted their Spring 2011 lookbook here: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/springlookbook.jsp A few images - 1. Fireman's Jacket makes a return. In navy. [​IMG] 2. [​IMG] 3. [​IMG] 4. Looks similar to the Field Mechanic's jacket. For the spring. I hope it doesn't have that damn back "game" zippered pocket. [​IMG] 5. [​IMG] 6. Kinda digging the white oxfords. [​IMG] 7. J. Crew continues to sell the rolled-up pants look. [​IMG] 8. [​IMG] 9. More toggle coats. [​IMG] 10. [​IMG] 11. Some sleeve issues... [​IMG] 12. [​IMG] 13. [​IMG] 14. [​IMG] 15. [​IMG] 16. [​IMG] 17. [​IMG] 18. [​IMG] Thoughts?

2. thenanyu

thenanyu Well-Known Member

Does anyone think that these look pretty terrible? Maybe the individual pieces are actually ok (I like a couple of the nautical themed things) but whoever styled that shoot is pretty blind.

3. raptorrapture

Does anyone think that these look pretty terrible? Maybe the individual pieces are actually ok (I like a couple of the nautical themed things) but whoever styled that shoot is pretty blind.

Agreed. I think the second and third outfits work. Everything else is a crapshoot.

4. handsometigers

handsometigers Well-Known Member

5. MiniW

MiniW Well-Known Member

while individual pieces look solid, I have several complaints - I don't think wearing fine cordovan shoes without socks would be so practical. Also the ties worn so casually seem way over styled, and would identify a person as a d-bag in real life.

6. jslade

jslade Well-Known Member

What is going on with the guy's suit sleeves in the 4th picture (in the lookbook)?

7. mrpress

mrpress Active Member

^^ Guy looks like a drunken lawyer. The "crinkled" jeans turn me off. I do like a few of the cardigans.

8. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I really like [​IMG]
    and also this grey one. I guess they are light weight blazers, but at first glance they both almost looked like a chore coat or something a little more workwear than hyanis port. Still very cool

I'll be interested to see what new/interesting stuff they add to their 'Jcrew in good company' venture this summer.

9. dsoren

dsoren Well-Known Member

What is going on with the guy's suit sleeves in the 4th picture (in the lookbook)?

Sleeves look awful.

Not feeling many of these looks. Pretty poor in comparison to F/W10. They need to chill with all of the nautical shit.

10. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Well-Known Member

[​IMG] A layer and a jacket with...shorts and no socks. [​IMG] Also, 9, 10, and 15 are plain awful.

11. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

The jackets in 1 and 2. The rest of it sucks and whoever thought up these outfits needs to be set on fire.

12. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Like the jacket in the first one, the rest looks pretty bad.

I can't believe this is serious, tbh, whoever styled this is fucking stupid, as others have said.

13. imposter2012

imposter2012 Well-Known Member

Just a note about look 4. The jacket is called the Piece-dyed Brushfield jacket.

Overall, the new collection looks pretty good ... just not in the lookbook. No one in the real world would actually pair those items like that... I still miss 05-07 J. Crew more haha.

14. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

Most of the styling is gimmicky, but of course the individual pieces are good.

I called J Crew The suede laceups are all Alden and will be available in May in navy, white and camel. I think they said $445. I was planning on buying versions of these anyway. The thing I like about the white J. Crew is that it is on a leather sole instead of that red brick sole nonsense people tend to like. I will buy.

Most of the dark wingtips in the collection are Alden cordovan. Not sure it makes sense to wear those sockless.

I like the Navy sweater over the St. James shirt. The navy sweater will apparently be available on Thursday online for $88 in navy and white. I already bought their navy nautical cotton sweater, I may pick this one up too.

15. Stewbone

Stewbone Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

For some reason im really digging the sweater. The shorts are tacky but what can you expect.

16. raptorrapture

For some reason im really digging the sweater. The shorts are tacky but what can you expect.

Yeah I'm liking it too. And what is up with the shorts, anyway?

Are these jorts?:
    [​IMG]

17. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

^^^ My guess is chambray shorts.

18. meso

meso Well-Known Member

Do people really walk around with the center button of a three-button blazer fastened? [​IMG]

19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

i think the jorts photo is my favorite.

20. raptorrapture

Do people really walk around with the center button of a three-button blazer fastened? [​IMG]
    Aren't you supposed to? I thought the rule was "Sometimes, Always, Never" when it came to buttons on a blazer/coat.