1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Spring 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dogatemyhw, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Newstyle

Newstyle Well-Known Member

You are wrong, many items from the mainline make it to the factory line. I have seen shirts I purchased from the mainline pop up the next season on their factory site. Also right now one of their oxford shirts(it's a navy and red shirt) was from their F/W line last season and is not on the factory site.

2. lifted

lifted Well-Known Member

my life is incomplete without the red wing wabasha's for j crew. i believe it was the 8 eyelet version released in 2010-ish?

someone help me find a pair sz 9 and i will forever be in your debt :slayer:

3. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Went it to the local J. Crew yesterday to get a herringbone cap, and saw this sweater....would love it if they make a men's version.

[​IMG]

4. NickyEyes

NickyEyes Well-Known Member

gotta wait til october for those vintage cabernet chinos... :plain:

5. wmanderson

wmanderson New Member

Quote:
    Not exactly true. I used to work at a J.Crew Factory Store, and 98% of the stuff we carried was made specifically for the factory store. You may recognize stuff from the retail store, but most of the time it is just the same style replicated for the factory line. You could definitely tell the differences if you saw the two items side-by-side.

Occasionally we'd get some stuff from the retail stores, and it generally goes right to clearance.

You can always tell Factory Vs. Retail because the factory tags have two diamonds on the inside tags, while the retail stores just have one.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

Same with Banana Republic and I suspect other retailers. What amazes me is the number of people who shop the Factory Stores when they can get better quality and styles at regular stores for nearly the same price if they catch a sale right.

7. tsekh

tsekh Well-Known Member

8. lifted

lifted Well-Known Member

9. Newstyle

Newstyle Well-Known Member

Yeah, I understand that. I was referring to a quote that therendition made saying no normal J.Crew merchandise makes it to their factor store.

10. lifted

lifted Well-Known Member

i may be blind cause i dont see a diamond in the second pic

1 person likes this.
  11. NickyEyes

I like the cut on the 484's. Will i be disappointed with the cut on the urban slim chinos? I'm trying to avoid taking the 30 minute trip to check them out in person.

12. mike1445

mike1445 Well-Known Member

definitely more room in the urban slims, not sure if thats what you want

13. NickyEyes

Yeah, the slimmer the better. I mean, the urban slim is their second slimmest cut, right? I just don't want anything too roomy.

14. Coopa

Coopa Well-Known Member

From what i've been told, the urban slim is somewhere between the 484 and the straight (vintage) slim.

15. LukeM

LukeM Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience with this pieces regarding quality and fit?

[​IMG]
    Donegal wool cable cardigan

[​IMG]
    Slim slub merino V-neck

[​IMG]
    KATO` / AAA chambray shirt

16. mike1445

mike1445 Well-Known Member

17. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

styling on this one is pretty great. Usually abhor elbow patches but for some reason dig them here

18. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Well-Known Member

Finally bought that blue J. Crew jacket, also know as Heathfield. It's on sale for $219.99 + 30% off. I also had a rewards card and got an additional 20% off through a coupon. Final price - $99 before taxes. Definitely a more realistic price point. I think they didn't sell too well. The entire size range is still available for sale. $268 retail for that was definitely way too high.