1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. CEE88

CEE88 Well-Known Member

Picked up this sale item today, the Secret Wash point-collar shirt in Glen Canyon madras, in 'guava:'

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...~~~~/25761.jsp

I'd been coveting it since it first came out & was lucky to find one, and only one, in the store.

Also impulse-purchased a shawl-collar cardi in black, which I couldn't find online (style #25891). It's apparently a new item, thus regular price of $98. It's in a thickish, tightly-woven cotton with two lower pockets & one on the chest, and looks absolutely great. Perfect for cool evenings.

2. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

Picked up this sale item today, the Secret Wash point-collar shirt in Glen Canyon madras, in 'guava:'

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...~~~~/25761.jsp

I'd been coveting it since it first came out & was lucky to find one, and only one, in the store.

Also impulse-purchased a shawl-collar cardi in black, which I couldn't find online (style #25891). It's apparently a new item, thus regular price of $98. It's in a thickish, tightly-woven cotton with two lower pockets & one on the chest, and looks absolutely great. Perfect for cool evenings.

Was this the same sale price in store as online? I've got the sea bluff madras and thought about this when I saw it in the online sale.

Love the fabric on these!

3. CEE88

CEE88 Well-Known Member

Was this the same sale price in store as online? I've got the sea bluff madras and thought about this when I saw it in the online sale.

Love the fabric on these!

Yep -- $49.99. The fabric is great - very weathered madras. The only thing I would change is the contrast fabric on the collar.

If you check out the sale items online, you'll see there are a couple of other great options too - the 'pine grove' madras ('vintage cactus' a/k/a green), the nailhead utility shirt, and the redland plaid, which I would have picked up today but there were none to be had (in my size).

4. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't seem to find the answer using search.

How does J Crew fit compared to the GAP? Specifically the shirts, I'm looking at some shirts on the J Crew sale but unsure of what size to get (I'm in Canada so I can't exactly go try one on).

5. wrenhunter

wrenhunter Well-Known Member

Is there a shipping code floating around? I can't in all good consciousness drop $9 in shipping on a $50 shirt.
    I had the same thought earlier today. S/S good, S/H bad.

6. hobo_ken

hobo_ken Well-Known Member

Picked this up a while ago as well when I saw it in store. It's a great piece and is very versatile.

7. n2pua

n2pua Well-Known Member

anybody (particularly those of you in NYC) see the wearhouse denim at the liquor store yet ??

8. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

anybody (particularly those of you in NYC) see the wearhouse denim at the liquor store yet ??

No, why, has it officially been released yet? Mid May was the last date I saw.

9. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Well-Known Member

any1 see the j crew x levis trucker jacket irl? worth buying? how does it compare to the original levis jacket. thanks

I bought it. I couldn't find any decent and affordable denim jackets in xs, and J.crew is selling these in xs. Like it a lot. Great fit and nice wash. Have been wearing it a lot.

10. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Well-Known Member

The low-profiles?

Yeah. They look great.

11. vthustle

vthustle Well-Known Member

PSA for Robert...

As if you aren't lucky enough to be near the clearance center, apparently they're having 30% off your entire purchase for Memorial Day weekend. (courtesy of J. Crew Aficionada)

12. scribbles

scribbles Well-Known Member

I just saw this shirt for the first time on the website (I don't usually pay too much attention to short- sleeve button downs)
    [​IMG]
    but I got excited thinking that it would have some of the cool features of this shirt (hidden button, asymmetric pockets for example) but sadly no such luck.
    [​IMG]

It got me thinking... could a long-sleeve shirt like this be converted into a short-sleeve shirt or would the proportions be all wrong?

So I picked up the long sleeve shirt and dropped it off at my tailor today. He was a little hesitant at first but once he understood my idea he was fully-on board. Will post pictures when I get it back.

13. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

PSA for Robert...

As if you aren't lucky enough to be near the clearance center, apparently they're having 30% off your entire purchase for Memorial Day weekend. (courtesy of J. Crew Aficionada)

Indeed. However weekend plans are shaping up for things better than excursions to a clearance store. Talking bands, beer (Asheville was just voted #1 Beer City in the country! woo hoo), and dinner at a friend's house.

& I just blew $40 on a ticket for next weekend's Beer City celebration (more bands, more local brews).

Besides, the last time I went to this advertised big-percent off thing at the clearance center, I got there and they told me it only applies to the warehouse sale. There are two parts to the center--a smallish store where they have some good recent stuff, and a big warehouse where they have all kinds of junk from up to like 5 years ago. On these sales you go into the warehouse and it is nuts. Stuff is in big piles on the floor all mixed up, no order to anything. People walk out of there with huge garbage bags full of junk. I don't have the patience for it.

14. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding like even more of a peasant than the jet set already thinks I am... I've been interested in getting new sunglasses and for some reason, I find myself thinking I'll go check out some Foster Grants. Cheap, replaceable, and they're good enough for Sophia Loren!

15. vthustle

vthustle Well-Known Member

Ah see, I should have known it'd be something ridiculous like that. Oh well, it sounds like your money is still being spent well. I've been to Asheville once before and I definitely had a good time. I ended up at some Irish pub with my buddies and we had a locally brewed IPA (well, I had multiple) that was really good. So enjoy the music and booze, it sounds like fun.

16. dunelly

dunelly Well-Known Member

they changed the fleece deck jacket to $138 from 98 [​IMG]

17. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding like even more of a peasant than the jet set already thinks I am... I've been interested in getting new sunglasses and for some reason, I find myself thinking I'll go check out some Foster Grants. Cheap, replaceable, and they're good enough for Sophia Loren!

Cheap and replaceable are the way to go with sunglasses for me. I am forever scratching, bending, losing them. Not worth spending a ton of money on if I can't make them last.

18. Brassmonkeyart

Brassmonkeyart Member

I got the fleece deck jacket today. I was expecting something a little heartier than I received. It is more like a fleece sweatshirt than a traditional fleece jacket. Quote from my wife, "I know that probably was expensive, but that fabric doesn't look it."

Probably going back, even though I love the detailing on it.

19. DrFaustus

DrFaustus Well-Known Member

they changed the fleece deck jacket to $138 from 98 [​IMG]

I was holding out on it when it was 98. Now it's a definite no go.

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Anyone know how the 7" solid board shorts fit?