1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. mdeep1

mdeep1 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I just went into J. Crew yesterday to try on their new "tailored fit" secret wash shirts and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with them. The last J. Crew shirt I bought was a year or so ago and the current shirts still fit like tents. The RL custom-fit shirts in a size small fit me perfectly yet the J. Crew smalls are wide in the sleeves, chest, waist and anywhere else you could think of. Have any of you had success sizing down to an XS?

2. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Well-Known Member

Sellers on ebay are marking up the Utility Jacket because Tom Cruise wore it in his new movie
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Tom-Cruise-Knigh...item2559ec2427

I have a Utility Jacket (Surplus) size medium, new with no tags, for sale.

WTF?

Now I have to burn mine since the biggest douche in Hollywood wears it in a movie.

3. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I just went into J. Crew yesterday to try on their new "tailored fit" secret wash shirts and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with them. The last J. Crew shirt I bought was a year or so ago and the current shirts still fit like tents. The RL custom-fit shirts in a size small fit me perfectly yet the J. Crew smalls are wide in the sleeves, chest, waist and anywhere else you could think of. Have any of you had success sizing down to an XS?

DO NOT DRINK THE J CREW "TAILORED" KOOL-AID.

4. mitchellaneous

mitchellaneous New Member

I went into J. Crew a few weeks ago and had the same problem. XS was too small in the chest as well as too short, but the Small was a lot bigger than I wished it were. Ideally I'd love to find something that fits like the size Medium APC shirt I've got, if anyone knows of a brand that has a similar fit please let me know.

5. .Impulsv

.Impulsv Well-Known Member

How heavy is the fabric of JCrew's sun-faded oxford shirts? How does it compare to their lightweights?

It can hit triple digits over the summer here. The lightweights are great, but I don't know if I could wear anything much heavier comfortably.

6. mdeep1

mdeep1 Well-Known Member

I went into J. Crew a few weeks ago and had the same problem. XS was too small in the chest as well as too short, but the Small was a lot bigger than I wished it were. Ideally I'd love to find something that fits like the size Medium APC shirt I've got, if anyone knows of a brand that has a similar fit please let me know.
    They carried size XS in your store? I was under the impression that XS sizes were online only.

7. mitchellaneous

mitchellaneous New Member

They had size XS in your store?

Yep, this was at the store on 17th and 5th Ave in Manhattan.

8. xanatos

xanatos Well-Known Member

hotdishandbars has pics of the paint splattered sweatshirt.I really liked it when i first saw it. but then was dissapointed when i saw it online.Now i desperatly need it!!!!!!!!!

I have not seen it in stores ever.and its all sold out.ugh.its beautiful.

9. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

hotdishandbars has pics of the paint splattered sweatshirt.I really liked it when i first saw it. but then was dissapointed when i saw it online.Now i desperatly need it!!!!!!!!!

You need to post a link, because I won't believe that it can't be done by just splattering paint on a regular sweatshirt without seeing it.

10. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
  11. xanatos

is that good or bad????

I actually had a ben sherman sweatshirt like that that totally reminds me of it.cept it had some funky crap logo on the front..

12. hobo_ken

hobo_ken Well-Known Member

Pass on the sweatshirt.

13. JackM

JackM Well-Known Member

Whoa the mexican who painted my house had that same sweatshirt on, he must have snagged it before it sold out. You think he'll let me have it if I offer him $300??!?!

14. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

buy a grey sweatshirt and send it to me. will paint. not that hard to do...

i painted in my nudies and now all people ask me about is where i got "paint splattered jeans."

uhhhhh.....in my living room.[​IMG]

15. xanatos

Well it's defiantly no worth 100 dollars but i just like the patches and nicks in it

btw I washed my utilit jacket for the 2nd time and it shrunk to a perfect size. It's lookin great. Too bad they stopped making it and replaced it with the cadet jacket. Which is fugly

16. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

chill out dooood.

what I want to know is, is there a consensus on what to do about the collar buttons on the red chambray? I'm highly inclined to take them off, but I do kinda like they way they keep the collar tidy when done up.

My red chambray is at the tailor now getting my new cat's eye MoP buttons put on and I decided to keep the collar buttons for those times I want to keep the collar more stable. Like, Robert, I actually don't mind them showing a bit when unbottoned, I'm not that OCD.

Good link. I think the Crew ties and tie bars etc are WAY overpriced for what they are.

I think some of Crew's ties are nice actually and I like the slim not skinny widths (haven't purchased any in recent years though) and if you haven't noticed, many if not most have are "made in USA" so that brings a bigger price tag alone regardless of quality.

They carried size XS in your store? I was under the impression that XS sizes were online only.

This news is so last year.

17. Mr.Pinchy

Mr.Pinchy Well-Known Member

I found the S too long, but OK in the shoulder and chest. The XS fits perfect on me, but no one seems to have them, and when they do, there are no discounts.

I wish that Staver would carry XS that aren't ugly as sin.

18. spenser

spenser Active Member

btw I washed my utilit jacket for the 2nd time and it shrunk to a perfect size. It's lookin great. Too bad they stopped making it and replaced it with the cadet jacket. Which is fugly

I like mine a lot but couldn't handle any shrinkage. I'm 6' and wear a medium because I'm scrawny and it's almost too short already. I know it's supposed to be like that but it kind of messes with my proportions because I have long legs.

I like the jacket but now that it's a hot celebrity item (and discontinued) I might try to sell it. Actually I'd rather trade it for the fatigue jacket in medium, looks like that would be a better length for me.

19. CEE88

CEE88 Well-Known Member

How heavy is the fabric of JCrew's sun-faded oxford shirts? How does it compare to their lightweights?

It can hit triple digits over the summer here. The lightweights are great, but I don't know if I could wear anything much heavier comfortably.

It's definitely heavier than the lightweight fabric shirts. But it's light for an oxford cloth.