1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Yet123

Yet123 Active Member

If a S in J.Crew "secret wash" shirts/ dress shirts fit me very well, should i also go for a small with the chambray and nailhead oxford utility shirt?

2. hydrogen

hydrogen Active Member

I'm 5'8, 160 lbs, 39 chest, 31 waist, 15.5 32/33 shirt, broad shoulders. Am I a small or medium?

I'm damn near exactly your stats, including the shirt size, except a 32 waist and I usually buy mediums. The secret wash are a touch big on me but not enough to downsize to a small. Sleeves are usually an inch too long though. If it's not a style I typically roll up I usually have them shortened.

3. wrenhunter

wrenhunter Well-Known Member

looks a little small to me.
    +1, but that's the current fashion.

4. synovoid

synovoid Well-Known Member

anybody can post a fit pic of utinity jacket in SHADOW color? cannot tell the what the color is on their site. is it a navy? a bright navy? or a faded navy?

5. mulansauce

mulansauce Well-Known Member

SHADOW is navy, it looks more faded, less vibrant in person.

6. matsuya

matsuya Well-Known Member

It's slate blue, right?

7. synovoid

that does snot sound very encouraging... I want something more vibrant for a spring jacket.

8. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I dont own any other utility shirts from J crew but it fits slightly baggier than the chambray
    im about 6'3 , 180 lbs and I took a small ... I was swimming in a medium

[​IMG] You are 6'3" and can wear a SMALL long sleeve shirt? There is no way in hell the sleeves are long enough for you unless you have deformed baby arms.

9. seany

seany Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Cadet and Sun-washed Red Chambray.

10. synovoid

11. aktao

aktao Active Member

12. synovoid

this one looks better to me than J Crew's secret washed Timex.

13. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Well-Known Member

I'm 5'8, 160 lbs, 39 chest, 31 waist, 15.5 32/33 shirt, broad shoulders. Am I a small or medium?
    I'm 5'7, 160 lbs, 38 chest, 31 waist, 15.5 32/33 shirt, non-muscular upper body. And I wear almost everything in small.

14. aktao

aktao Active Member

I'm 5'7, 160 lbs, 38 chest, 31 waist, 15.5 32/33 shirt, non-muscular upper body. And I wear almost everything in small.

Haha, for a second there, I thought those were my stats again. Must be my broad shoulders from all my lifting that is keeping me from fitting into the S.

Just out of curiosity since you have the same chest measurement as me, are the secret wash shirts a little tight in the chest area when you button all the buttons except for the collar?

I just checked the J Crew website, and they actually recommends size M for those with 38-40 chest. That might explain why the M has some breathing room for me while the S is kind of tight (to the extent that I can actually kind of feel the shirt pressing against me).

15. aktao

aktao Active Member

this one looks better to me than J Crew's secret washed Timex.

Do you think the LL Bean watch can be fitted with the J Crew watch straps? If they could, I might actually consider getting the LL Bean watch.

16. synovoid

guess yes. but better call their customer service before you pull the trigger.

Do you think the LL Bean watch can be fitted with the J Crew watch straps? If they could, I might actually consider getting the LL Bean watch.

17. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

I was in the store over the weekend and picked up the sun washed oxford in an aqua color, as well as the new madras not listed on the the site (it is red, white and not sure if it is navy or black). The buttons are black but it kinda looks navy in the print. I asked the SA cand they said it was navy despite the black buttons.

18. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Well-Known Member

Having long legs is not an issue at all compared with having large thighs that even regular fits sometimes actually don't fit. So I have to avoid any patterned pants.
    That sucks.

I bought them today, and am very happy with the overall fit and look. They're great with Chucks and a polo but could easily be dressed up with lace-ups and a blazer. Nice lightweight cotton, too, in a color that won't show dirt.

19. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen the new J.Crew Timex in white?

20. mmhollis

mmhollis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Cadet and Sun-washed Red Chambray.

Where is that tie from?