• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
^ I suggested that during the last flurry of silly watch talk.

Haha I just browsed the thread again after a little J.Crew thread time off and I see we're still talking about watches
facepalm.gif

The goal with all this talk is to build a big enough reputation to justify the price of the Watch.
laugh.gif

DrFaustus

Reaction score
I am happy my watch and I have yet again unleashed the controvery that is the J. Crew Timex.

Jimbo26

Reaction score
I like the utility jacket, I haven't seen it in person though so I'm not sure about the color - "shadow"? Looks bluish on my monitor.

dragonxking

Reaction score
I saw that too cbusguy. i wish it were a size S or XS though..

YoPete525

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jimbo26
I like the utility jacket, I haven't seen it in person though so I'm not sure about the color - "shadow"? Looks bluish on my monitor.

It is a blue.

kaizoku

Reaction score
Today I stepped foot in Wal-Mart *shudder* to pick up some Hanes tees and went to go check out the so-called Robert watch.

Those of you wearing it must have wrists like Kate Moss. The face was so small I had to triple check to make sure it was a men's watch.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
Maybe we should just start a thread for the express purpose of talking about the enigma that is J.Crew's Timex watch?

+1

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onlyjjp
Is this jacket worth $104? Ive heard it fit boxy.
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...6051/96051.jsp

Also, do you guys think the new utility jacket is better or the cadet? Looking to purchase a spring jacket.

Don't know much about the cadet Jacket but I do own the utility Jacket and it is a very nice, breathable, comfortable and attractive jacket. I get so many compliments when I wear it.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onlyjjp
Is this jacket worth $104? Ive heard it fit boxy. http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...6051/96051.jsp Also, do you guys think the new utility jacket is better or the cadet? Looking to purchase a spring jacket.
It depends on what you're going to wear it for. If you're looking for a belstaff style slim fashion jacket, then this won't work. It is slim in the top but then kind of boxes out from the waist down. i use it in the winter with layers underneath and plan on wearing it when I'm doing outdoorsy things in the spring and fall. It's a really well made jacket and for $104, I think it's well worth it.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Robert, how did you shrink your STF's? Did you just use the washing machine, or did you do the old-fashioned sit-in-the-bathtub routine? How much did they shrink in length?

I just picked up a pair at Sears. I thought they were on sale for $36, but they rang up at $25! I erred on the side of too long, just in case. I also found a really nice pair of preshrunk 501s at TJ Maxx for $20, just going in on a whim.

hastur

Reaction score
Do coupon codes ever work on collab items? I really want a pair of the topsiders but I can't really justify $98 + tax + shipping ($120 probably? lol..) on a pair of top siders just for a different color when you can order any other pair for like $50 shipped from shoebuy or something.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Robert, how did you shrink your STF's? Did you just use the washing machine, or did you do the old-fashioned sit-in-the-bathtub routine? How much did they shrink in length?

I just picked up a pair at Sears. I thought they were on sale for $36, but they rang up at $25! I erred on the side of too long, just in case. I also found a really nice pair of preshrunk 501s at TJ Maxx for $20, just going in on a whim.

Robert is on time out. He is lurking though.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
Robert is on time out. He is lurking though.

Must be torture for him.

And bad for J Crew sales.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads