1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Dec 29, 2008.

1. tiecollector

tiecollector Well-Known Member

I saw that too, and I think my reaction was even stronger than yours. It looks awesome. I can imagine throwing it on to fight the chill poolside. I don't see any way to avoid buying it. Got a discount code, anyone? PS - Thanks for the photos and info, Wax.
    I agree, despite having 2 maxed out credit cards with no job in sight, there really is no excuse not to get it. Probably order the SM and M to see which fits best. Kind of favoring the looser fits lately.

2. Jekyll

Jekyll Well-Known Member

I agree, despite having 2 maxed out credit cards, there really is no excuse not to get it.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. pdial

pdial Well-Known Member

I have some older JCrew shirt that are XLT and I recently just got some new ones that are XL. The weird thing is that the talls are only about 1/2 inch longer and the regulars are quite a bit slimmer.

Do the sizes vary that much from season to season or has it been gradual change over the years? Also are the regular sizes supposed to be slimmer that the talls?

4. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

5. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

I agree, despite having 2 maxed out credit cards with no job in sight, there really is no excuse not to get it. Probably order the SM and M to see which fits best. Kind of favoring the looser fits lately.

o_00000

6. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

7. cottonadam

cottonadam Well-Known Member

Can anyone say if those Reed Wing tips are worth it at $98? Or should I hold off for a 20 or 30% off coupon for them? Or maybe they aren't even worth it at that much of a discount?

8. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Well-Known Member

the slim fit chino and the urban slim fit chinos arrived. i like the lightweight of the slim fit chino and also the length is perfect, as it provides little to no break which is how i like my pants. it sits at the waist and the hook-and-bar clasp and extra fastener in front gives it a dressier look. it's an ideal summer pant. the urban slim fit chino has a lower yoke, so i get the feeling it's meant to be worn below the hips. this is not ideal for me, and the inseam is a bit longer than i would like. i will most likely return these. pics to come. urban slim fit: [​IMG] "slim fit chino:" [​IMG] thoughts?

9. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

^^^The second pair fits you better.

10. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

2nd is better. I need to get my urban slim fits totally recut, something is just off with them

11. epsilon

epsilon Well-Known Member

I have to agree, the 2nd fits slimmer. BTW, how visible is the "distressing" on the urbans?

12. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Well-Known Member

13. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the photos but the 2nd looks too short. I'm thinking that with shoes, the 1st pair would actually look like the better fit.

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Can anyone say if those Reed Wing tips are worth it at $98? Or should I hold off for a 20 or 30% off coupon for them? Or maybe they aren't even worth it at that much of a discount?

I saw these in person last week, and the quality is pretty terrible. Even at a cheap price, it's frustrating to wear a pair of leather shoes that look lousy. For a pair of budget wingtips, I feel that you could do better with another mainstream brand like Bostonian or Johnston & Murphy. You can often catch Allen Edmonds on ebay too.

15. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the photos but the 2nd looks too short. I'm thinking that with shoes, the 1st pair would actually look like the better fit.

+1

16. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I also think the second pair look too short, but they seem to fit better in the thigh. I go with the second pair but get them longer.

17. mmize

mmize Well-Known Member

Looking to pick up some linen button downs.

For those of you who wear an XS in MJK BDs, how does the J Crew XS compare?

18. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Well-Known Member

as stated before i prefer my trousers with very little to no break, similar to most of get smart's fits. i would probably end up rolling them if they were longer like so: [​IMG] anyway, here are higher res pictures of both pants, so you can see the different details.
    how visible is the "distressing" on the urbans?
    the "distressing" is just some slight discoloration from what i can see, the "dusty grey" just looks like it's been run in the wash a few times. (click for larger) [​IMG] [​IMG] and here is the slim chino, opinions on front pockets?: [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. mulansauce

mulansauce Well-Known Member

What is the style number for the second pair (the slim fit chino)? I don't see that one on the site.