1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Dec 29, 2008.

1. airflight23

airflight23 Well-Known Member

can anyone here provide waist and leg opening measurements for a size 28 or 29 "Slim-fit lightweight chino pant"?

Wanting to order a pair in black or khaki.

2. Gavin

Gavin Well-Known Member

How different is the indigo chambray from the outlet store? My wife is in Seattle for the week and picked it up for me for $30 (I live in J Crew-less Toronto). I was hoping for one from the regular store, but is the difference worth another $70?

Also, how do their shorts fit? I'm a 32 in KMW 1980s but prefer my shorts to fit looser than my jeans (I rarely ever wear shorts, so when I do I want them loose) and she got me a pair in 34. Do you think that will be ok or will they be far too big?

3. joel_954

joel_954 Well-Known Member

How different is the indigo chambray from the outlet store? My wife is in Seattle for the week and picked it up for me for $30 (I live in J Crew-less Toronto). I was hoping for one from the regular store, but is the difference worth another $70?

Also, how do their shorts fit? I'm a 32 in KMW 1980s but prefer my shorts to fit looser than my jeans (I rarely ever wear shorts, so when I do I want them loose) and she got me a pair in 34. Do you think that will be ok or will they be far too big?

34 will be too big for you. 33 would work better I'd guess. Or try a 32. The chino-type shorts and pants seem to stretch on me quite a bit. I actually size down to a 31 on their shorts and chinos and I'm a 32 in 1980's.

4. kontai69

kontai69 Well-Known Member

can anyone here provide waist and leg opening measurements for a size 28 or 29 "Slim-fit lightweight chino pant"?

Wanting to order a pair in black or khaki.

I emailed J Crew and these are the "waist circumference" measurements they provided:
    size 28: 30.5"
    size 29: 31.5"
    I did not ask for leg opening measurements.

5. Gavin

Gavin Well-Known Member

34 will be too big for you. 33 would work better I'd guess. Or try a 32. The chino-type shorts and pants seem to stretch on me quite a bit. I actually size down to a 31 on their shorts and chinos and I'm a 32 in 1980's.
    Hmm...shit, ok. She said they only had 32 and 34 in stock, so she erred on the larger side thinking I could just get them tailored if they were too big. I'll call her and ask her if she can exchange them, though. Thanks. If it matters any, they were the traditional seersucker broken-in short.

6. airflight23

airflight23 Well-Known Member

hey thanks a lot man!
    I am going to shoot them an email.

7. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

Initiated into the ways of SF!? SF approved!? Maybe it's time to re-evaluate being an individual? It's been said before, but why bother participating in this thread if you don't care for J. Crew? I don't think this thread was created with the intention of J. Crew bashing. I understood it was for J. Crew afficionados, basically.
    I actually like the idea of Jcrew and have bought a lot of stuff over the past 20 years. Good point though- I'll be more independently minded while keeping any dissenting opinions to myself.

8. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

I actually like the idea of Jcrew and have bought a lot of stuff over the past 20 years. Good point though- I'll be more independently minded while keeping any dissenting opinions to myself.

Most appreciated.

9. tiecollector

tiecollector Well-Known Member

10. wax

wax Well-Known Member

11. tiecollector

tiecollector Well-Known Member

I have it and it's awesome.

How's the sizing? run big or small? I have a black acrylic one very similar from Zara but this is awesome for summer.

12. wax

wax Well-Known Member

I would go with your usual size if you want something fitted, or size up one (i had no choice, i'm an xs lol) for a slim yet drapey/relaxed look for the summer. even if they made it in an xs, i think i'd still go with the small. it's perfect unbuttoned. [​IMG] [​IMG] edit: pictures

13. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Well-Known Member

odd that they took that blue madras shirt off before it even went on sale and the seashore they marked down to like 30 bucks with the 20% off... and that sold out but from what i rember there was a good amount of sizes left for the blue

14. scb

scb Well-Known Member

the blue was only showing XL's online last week. tons of each size at 2 stores near me, though

there are a few seashores at the 2 stores near me as well

15. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

That linen shawl collar is pretty sweet. Not a bad price either.

In the new arrivals, I also lust after that denim workshirt. And I wouldn't mind having a few of the vintage cords.

And what about that shawl collar pullover?

It never ends.

16. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Well-Known Member

Damn you J Crew. I just had to see this:

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...4451/14451.jsp

May have to cop.

I saw that too, and I think my reaction was even stronger than yours. It looks awesome. I can imagine throwing it on to fight the chill poolside.

I don't see any way to avoid buying it. Got a discount code, anyone?

PS - Thanks for the photos and info, Wax.

17. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

That women's denim safari jacket is beautiful. Especially the pictures in the new catalogue.

18. DocHunter

DocHunter Well-Known Member

Any JCrew discount codes out there these days?

I'm looking to make a purchase online. Is it possible to use the student discount over the phone or online?

I never really got an answer to this question. I have a jcrew purchase that I'd like to make. Anyone have a code?

19. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Well-Known Member

you missed like 2 weeks of 20% off and free shipping

20. kontai69

kontai69 Well-Known Member

I never really got an answer to this question. I have a jcrew purchase that I'd like to make. Anyone have a code?
    Check here and find out for yourself...
    http://jcrewaficionada.blogspot.com/