1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J Crew S/S 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Dec 29, 2008.

1. robin

robin Well-Known Member

They added red Baracuta jackets to the site today, along with some Kuroki Denim.

2. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

I went to the j. crew at The Grove yesterday and they didn't have the crewneck sweat shirt or know anything about it. They had some nice looking slimfit selvedge jeans in what looked like a one rinse state but I didn't inspect them closely. I really like their dark chambray shirt - I've been waiting for it to go on sale but it looks like it's part of the spring collection too, so I may end up paying retail for it. It fits me better than my Buzz Rickson chambray and it would be hard for me to distinguish the quality difference between the two.

3. Ritchee

Ritchee Well-Known Member

I might give the Kuroki Denim a chance if didn't come 'destroyed.'

4. naaaaate

naaaaate Well-Known Member

I went to the j. crew at The Grove yesterday and they didn't have the crewneck sweat shirt or know anything about it. They had some nice looking slimfit selvedge jeans in what looked like a one rinse state but I didn't inspect them closely. I really like their dark chambray shirt - I've been waiting for it to go on sale but it looks like it's part of the spring collection too, so I may end up paying retail for it. It fits me better than my Buzz Rickson chambray and it would be hard for me to distinguish the quality difference between the two.

Yeah I doubt that one will go on sale, I nabbed the lighter "true indigo" chambray on sale one day on the website for like $50-60 and the next day it had been taken off sale and put back up to $100 [​IMG]

I think I might take the plunge on it at full price too because as far as quality indigo chambray shirts go its still cheap as heck.

5. constant struggle

constant struggle Well-Known Member

I got my brother that lighter chambray for $50ish for xmas, I think he lost it already he told me this morning...

6. Warren G.

Warren G. Well-Known Member

Yeah I doubt that one will go on sale, I nabbed the lighter "true indigo" chambray on sale one day on the website for like $50-60 and the next day it had been taken off sale and put back up to $100 [​IMG]

I think I might take the plunge on it at full price too because as far as quality indigo chambray shirts go its still cheap as heck.

Yeah my friend manage to pick up one on ebay for $50 (NWT) during the summer I think. It's a great shirt.

7. Curious_George

Curious_George Well-Known Member

I picked mine up on ebay for around that price. I've seen it listed in various sizes many times so it's worth watching ebay for it if you don't mind waiting.

8. Johnathan

Johnathan Well-Known Member

The grey trench is pretty nice, but I prefer trenches with belts and the J.Crew one is disappointing.

9. ~Stangzorized~

~Stangzorized~ Well-Known Member

I emailed them about the grey trench to see if I could purchase it from them already and they acted like they didnt even know they made one..

10. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

one of the things that makes j crew unique/retarded is that their internet and store stock divisions are almost TOTALLY different and run by different parts of the company. that's why you'll see different sales from the online part/in the store areas

11. Warren G.

Warren G. Well-Known Member

12. Clyde099

Clyde099 Well-Known Member

I got two classic fit chinos and a secret was shirt for $39 (including tax) at Old Orchard mall in IL.

They had the chinos on sale for $20, plus an extra 30% off and another 15% off (student discount). [​IMG]

13. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Well-Known Member

I got my brother that lighter chambray for $50ish for xmas, I think he lost it already he told me this morning...
    did you find these on sale in store?

14. Mr. Pharmacist

Mr. Pharmacist Well-Known Member

I got two classic fit chinos and a secret was shirt for $39 (including tax) at Old Orchard mall in IL.

They had the chinos on sale for $20, plus an extra 30% off and another 15% off (student discount). [​IMG]

They had those same prices at the outlet in Kenosha.
    Jumping on the love for the crewneck as well

15. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

I saw a kid version of the sweatshirt a couple of days ago in the 'CrewCuts' section of the store. There was no adult version to be seen, however.

16. dinted voice

dinted voice Well-Known Member

I have a clearance store by my work that gets in current items a lot of times with no defects that I can tell. Just got the chambray shirt on their always list for $25.20 with tax. Surprisingly, the fit is slimmer than their tailored dress shirts.

17. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

one of the things that makes j crew unique/retarded is that their internet and store stock divisions are almost TOTALLY different and run by different parts of the company. that's why you'll see different sales from the online part/in the store areas

I got all excited when I saw a J. Crew outlet store when I was visiting Breckenridge over Christmas. What awful crap! Worse than a Banana Republic factory store! How can a company with such great in-store and on-line merchandise sell shit that I wouldn't even expect to find in Old Navy.

18. naaaaate

naaaaate Well-Known Member

I have a clearance store by my work that gets in current items a lot of times with no defects that I can tell. Just got the chambray shirt on their always list for $25.20 with tax. Surprisingly, the fit is slimmer than their tailored dress shirts.
    If that's the chinstrap vintage chambray as in http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...4018/84018.jsp and theres a medium still at the store and you'd like to make some easy money proxyin' PM me [​IMG]

19. bsyde82

bsyde82 Well-Known Member

for those south bay-ers, anyone know why the valley fair j.crew is so grossly understocked in the men's dept at all times? I don't understand...it's a fairly large space, and they consistently have empty shelves and carry about 20% of what you see in catalogs/online, if that even.

20. james nicolas

james nicolas Well-Known Member

i was there just last week
    i swear there was maybe 10 different items in the whole men's section
    made no sense