1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Therendition, Jul 23, 2012.

1. SchoolyardBully

SchoolyardBully Well-Known Member

Old town Pasadena has alot of stuff and their sales rack are still full, if you're willing to drive a little Costa Mesa (South coast) Jcrew has their own Men's shop.

2. iGolf

iGolf Member

Thanks guys I'm in northern VA as well. I'll check out Georgetown as well and report back

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  3. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

cool, thanks for the tip

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Local store was running 50% off sale items, but already extremely picked through.

Rest of the store was looking pretty sparse, and then I saw a sign that they're closing the (one and only) Vegas store. :fu: Obama economic recovery :fu:

5. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

I have been wondering why the Thomas Mason shirts have been marked down from 135 to 69 - 40% here in NYC. A sales rep today told me they are discontinuing the regular TM line and only making the slim TM going forward.

That just sucks.

For me, the slim TM are just too slim in the body and too tight in the neck. Going up a size lands me in a shirt with sleeves too long.

Gonna have to drop an email to Mickey.

6. Texastyle

Texastyle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Well-Known Member

Quick question.

I bought the cashmere (item # 54104) scarf in-store, but it wasn't on sale. I had to show the SA that it was priced @ $88.00 online and that I could use the 30% discount...he reluctantly gave me the 30% off but wouldn't give me the 15% student discount because he gave me the 30% EVEN though I was able to use the student discount on previous sale items recently.

Now the kicker is that the store was running 40% off sale items...should I have pushed for the 40% off +15% student discount? Or should I go to another store and get price adjustment?

8. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Get your adjustment. Student discounts are usually left up to the discretion of the SA for stacking, but if it's an automated discount (like on sale items), the should give you that extra. Go to another store and fix it.

1 person likes this.
  9. Leather

Leather Well-Known Member

How do you guys convince the SA to stack the student discounts? Every time I've asked they say no.

10. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

Flirt better

1 person likes this.
  11. Newstyle

Newstyle Well-Known Member

Went on the website today to look for the buffalo check cpo shirt. The are advertising it as final sale but the 30% off code doesn't work. I asked the SA and she said it is an error and it isn't final sale. Kinda annoyed, I won't pay $188 for it but I really like that shirt and can't find a similar style anywhere for the price. Does anyone here have for a S or XS who wants to part with it?

12. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Well-Known Member

It seems like they have a certain quantity of specific items (possibly like the CPO shirt at the time you looked) which they are willing to sell at the sale price to get rid of inventory. Last weekend, I noticed, they had the white sun faded oxfords at $39.99 with 30% off, however, by the time I went to purchase one, they were "off sale" (or had already sold the allotted amount at the sale price). So, something to look out for, I guess.

13. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Well-Known Member

Damn, I wanted to buy one of those shirts. Did they specifically tell you they were no longer on sale, or did you just assume?

14. cfrp

cfrp Well-Known Member

Have they discontinued their peacoat?

15. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Final sale score in the store: the lambswool navy waffle (grey checks/threads) shawl collar cardigan ($53) and the navy cotton pocket cardigan ($23). This neverending final sale thing is kiling me. This is my third J. Crew sale cardigan purchase in the last 2 weeks.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  16. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Well-Known Member

Buying $53 sweaters is killing you?

17. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

It adds up.

But not really killing me, no. I'm actually pretty thrilled to find this stuff. I had to ask for the $53 sweater, though. They still had it at full retail but they gave me final sale price (plus 40 percent off) when I told them it was a final sale item online.

18. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Well-Known Member

We're in the same boat bro. Good stuff lol.

19. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't jump on these things at full retail earlier in the season. Some stuff never goes on sale, and if you want it enough, you just have to bite the bullet and go for it. A lot of stuff, though, does go on sale and it pays to be patient.

20. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Ordered these:

This, in navy, 90 bucks! Cashmere! James Bond/Steve McQueen cool!

And this, in heather indigo, 28 bucks!

Free shipping. Woo hoo.

This has to stop.

Maybe I'm a loser but there is plenty of excitement in this for me. My first cashmere. My first turtleneck sweater since college. And there is something about a rollneck that is just cool.