• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

hyogen

Reaction score
was I just hallucinating, or did this jump in price from like $130ish to $230??

I guess $130 doesn't make sense since it's "wallace and barnes"....but still I could've sworn........................

Last edited:

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone get the Buffalo Check or Black Watch overshirt(s) yet? Was thinking of getting the CPO/Buffalo Check shirt with the recent sale, but wanted to hear from others first...

Was going to post about the decent sized order I placed, but I've been busy of late. That being said I did get the Buffalo Check CPO shirt. My advice, don't bother. I like the fit, but not as much as an overshirt. That's do to my build though, so it might work better for most. Still I'd wear it over a henley or something. The pattern and buttons are great. Just looking at it again, it looks a really dark navy (and not black) and red buffalo check. I'd noticed the buttons were navy right away. They're anchor buttons btw. Anyway, why wouldn't I recommend it? Wool on it really itches. I'm not too bothered by wool, especially from the bicep down when I have a t-shirt underneath, but this one really bothers me. It also bugs me where it hits my neck. I haven't returned it yet, but that wool is a likely deal breaker. By comprison I have the AW11 Woolrich Woolen Mills PPO shirts. They have the same sort of button, nearly identical, which actually is a point in J Crew's favor as I wouldn't have expected that button. Still the fabric on the Woolrich PPO shirts is sooo much nicer. Still a wool, but much more refined. Hope that helps.

I'd like to get the Black Watch shirt myself. I'm assuming at $350 it's a much more refined wool. Just went to sale on the site though and they only have xs left. Must have moved their inventory to the stores.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

shadykay sf

Reaction score
was I just hallucinating, or did this jump in price from like $130ish to $230??
I guess $130 doesn't make sense since it's "wallace and barnes"....but still I could've sworn........................

Wow...you're right, got it for 30% off $128 too.

Even happier now that I bought it.

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
Just went to the J. Crew Men's Store in LA at the Grove Mall and man is that store nice. It has a ton of Wallace and Barnes stuff, a lot of which is no longer offered online like the camo workshirt, the color blocked flannel shirt, and the pindot shirt, they also had a large selection of boots from Red Wings to the Chippewa, unfortunatley no Alden's, was hoping to try on a pair. They had a huge selection of their secret wash shirts in all sizes, my local J.Crew has a tiny selection of XS which is what I take. In the back they had a large selection of suits. I walked out with a pair of the 484 chinos and the selvedge indigo denim shirt. I wish I had a Men's Store where I live, I don't live in LA. They were even offering a free haircut and shave, first come first serve. I think I spent well over an hour in there.
Haircut and shave??

iGolf

Reaction score
that's pretty screwed up on their part. i dont even see it on their website anymore so i guess S&D overruled their sense of business ethics

hyogen

Reaction score

Wow...you're right, got it for 30% off $128 too.

Even happier now that I bought it.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll see if I can ask them to price match (doubtful...but I've had good luck with their customer service so far, so might as well try).

By the way, how do you like it? I think someone else said that the color is not as blue in real life... a little more gray?

I also JUST noticed that this sweater has elbow patches.. hmm. The online rep says she'll price match for me :slayer::nodding:

Last edited:

thonez

Reaction score

Just went to the J. Crew Men's Store in LA at the Grove Mall and man is that store nice. It has a ton of Wallace and Barnes stuff, a lot of which is no longer offered online like the camo workshirt, the color blocked flannel shirt, and the pindot shirt, they also had a large selection of boots from Red Wings to the Chippewa, unfortunatley no Alden's, was hoping to try on a pair. They had a huge selection of their secret wash shirts in all sizes, my local J.Crew has a tiny selection of XS which is what I take. In the back they had a large selection of suits. I walked out with a pair of the 484 chinos and the selvedge indigo denim shirt. I wish I had a Men's Store where I live, I don't live in LA. They were even offering a free haircut and shave, first come first serve. I think I spent well over an hour in there.

Awesome to hear, I hope to make it down there soon to check out

jasonleb1

Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll see if I can ask them to price match (doubtful...but I've had good luck with their customer service so far, so might as well try).
By the way, how do you like it? I think someone else said that the color is not as blue in real life... a little more gray?
I also JUST noticed that this sweater has elbow patches.. hmm. The online rep says she'll price match for me
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
nod[1].gif
Yeah, that was me... and I was wrong lol. I don't know what was wrong with me that night lol.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
does anyone have the Slim Waffle Henley and can you comment on the fit/size/quality? Can anyone compare it to the American Apparel baby thermal long sleeve henley? I have a bunch of those and love the fit....

thanks!

milesbeyond

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Wallace and Barnes selvedge denim?

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/t...hallany~~~~~wallace and barnes dark/99584.jsp

Oddly, the 484 cords fit perfectly but the 484 denim fits me too tight in the thighs. The slim-straight cut is just too baggy for me.

I'm currently in some Made in the USA Levi 511's (not raw) that have stretched perfectly. But I'm trying to find ONE more pair of jeans that fit just slightly looser.

I was on the chat with J.Crew and she said the W&B were supposed to fall right inbetween the two in-house fits.

Worth the $210 (after 30%)? Another option was the LVC 505.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/denim/selvedge/PRDOVR~17342/17342.jsp

Kind of a bummer that the model isn't made in the USA at that price point...but Levi's appears to not make any USA 505's anymore.

Basically, I'm looking for some selvedge denim that's already pre-shrunk so I don't have to deal with crazy amounts of stretching or fading. And all the other big selvedge names (APC, Tellason, etc) seem to be all raw.

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Wallace and Barnes selvedge denim?

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/t...hallany~~~~~wallace and barnes dark/99584.jsp

Oddly, the 484 cords fit perfectly but the 484 denim fits me too tight in the thighs. The slim-straight cut is just too baggy for me.

I'm currently in some Made in the USA Levi 511's (not raw) that have stretched perfectly. But I'm trying to find ONE more pair of jeans that fit just slightly looser.

I was on the chat with J.Crew and she said the W&B were supposed to fall right inbetween the two in-house fits.

Worth the $210 (after 30%)? Another option was the LVC 505.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/denim/selvedge/PRDOVR~17342/17342.jsp

Kind of a bummer that the model isn't made in the USA at that price point...but Levi's appears to not make any USA 505's anymore.

Basically, I'm looking for some selvedge denim that's already pre-shrunk so I don't have to deal with crazy amounts of stretching or fading. And all the other big selvedge names (APC, Tellason, etc) seem to be all raw.
No experience with the W&B selvedge, but I know these Wings + Horns straight fit come in an OK wash and are USA made. Might be a decent alternative to the aforementioned, and could probably be found on sale somewhere now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads