1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Therendition, Jul 23, 2012.

1. hyogen

hyogen Well-Known Member

agreed.... I've pretty much realized never to pay full price at Jcrew :) They're awesome about matching prices also... I was finally able to get the Wallace and Barnes Cable cardigan for $90 because for a while it was probably mispriced at $128......then they raised the price to $220-225? They were willing to just take me at my word (i think)...and give me $30% off and free shipping off the $128 price--making it $89.............even a couple weeks after their 30% + free shipping was over

2. Newstyle

Newstyle Well-Known Member

Really? Where?

3. phosej

phosej Well-Known Member

I picked up the Stonewall jacket (S size, 264$ retail) in store for a ridiculous price - 45$ taxes included. Can't wait for spring

4. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

is there a difference? I didn't see any other buffalo check shirt online.

Sales section in a JCrew store

5. drjsl22

drjsl22 Active Member

I have a question about the Thomas Mason Shirts. Does Thomas Mason make these shirts? Or just the fabric? If they just make the fabric, does J.Crew just then turn and have the shirts made in the same factories as their other dress shirts? Sorry for the confusion, just trying to understand the differences.

6. Sartorial604

Sartorial604 Member

Thomas Mason just makes the fabric, the shirts themselves are made in Mauritius

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  7. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

J Crew buys the fabric from the Thomas Mason label maker (Albini) in Italy. J Crew assembles the shirt themselves.

As for the factory, I can't say for sure if its the same as their other dress shirts, but to me, the fit is the same. And both lines say "made in Mauritius", so it very well could be.

The Thomas Mason fabric is quite nice though, IMO. I'm in love with them.

8. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Well-Known Member

What is the general opinion on the Ludlow sport coats? I am in the market for a casual herringbone sport coat to wear with jeans/chinos/etc. Nothing super fancy...just a nice casual jacket that can get rumpled up and tossed around for that nice worn in look over time. (https://www.jcrew.com/checkout2/sho...Hash=a1c2d2f1d7ead220b019625e98317addf8625aee)

I recently purchased a navy Hugo Boss "the sweet" jacket (http://store-us.hugoboss.com/Slim-F...S,pd.html&cgid=21200#!i=5&color=401_Dark-Blue) in 36S that fits me perfectly and surprisingly didn't require any alterations but that is for nicer occasions. I'm about 5'-8" / 145 lbs. I'm thinking the Ludlow might fit similarly as it's a slim cut jacket.

Do they ever go on sale?

Any other recommendations on a nice quality herringbone jacket? Thanks!

9. Coopa

Coopa Well-Known Member

I like the ones i have/had. But, i never did nor would buy one at retail. If you are flexible on the color and/or style, you can score good deals on ebay. I've saved several hundred that way. They do go on sale. There are a handful in the sale section now with an additional 30% off. Just keep checking the sale section every morning when they add new inventory.

10. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

11. BigC222

BigC222 Well-Known Member

I haven't bought the 484 chinos but I have ones in the urban slim so I can answer your second question. I had mine for 7 months and I haven't had any stretching with them even after washes.

12. hyogen

hyogen Well-Known Member

The non Wallace Barnes one has a smaller check.

13. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

It's also a much nice shirt IMO. Very nice oxford with nice buttons (I'm a button fanatic). A buffalo check you can dress up or down. I think I got it for about $20 on sale at my local store, but that was just lucking out on a return.

The CPO shirt as I mentioned in this thread had IMO poor wool. Look of it was nice and that too had nice buttons, but uncomfortable wool and wool doesn't bug me like it does many people. Of course at the price somebody here just got it at it's not bad.

14. sdedalus1

sdedalus1 Well-Known Member

my sun faded 484s fit like levis 511. even though the leg opening is 7" on 484s vs. 6.5 on levis, the 484s seem if anything slightly skinnier than 511 elsewhere--but not as plastered on as 510 (which i find too clingy and tight w/the spandex, even though i'm very skinny). waist sizing is same as to very slightly larger than levis.

they are 100% cotton and a bit thin, so they have some stretch/give to them (more than denim). unless you're asking if they shrink in the wash, in which case Big answered your question.

15. jslade

jslade Well-Known Member

Really? That's interesting. I own several pairs of their urban slim broken-in chinos, and have always felt like they stretched a lot after a few wears. In fact, I've been going down one size in the pairs that I've been purchasing recently in order to account for the perceived stretch.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  16. tommyhk

tommyhk Active Member

I have to agree with jslade ^^^

I have a few pairs of the urban slim broken-in chinos and find they get noticeably looser after 3+ wears. Nothing a wash doesn't fix but still something to take into account.

17. vents

vents Well-Known Member

All of J.crews chino/pant are vanity sized by 2".

18. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Well-Known Member

In-store clearance at Short Hills Mall, NJ was wonderful. 4 racks full of men's sale items.

Going to check out the Rockefeller location this week to see the sale.

15% Student Discount stacks on top of the 30% off as well.

19. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Well-Known Member

any collab stuff ?

20. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw a lot of Wallace and Barnes stuff