1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Therendition, Jul 23, 2012.

1. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

40. It's a good fit, although I could slim it across the chest/waist a tad. It sucks because I'm very broad across the shoulders but could fit into 38 otherwise.

2. Newstyle

Newstyle Well-Known Member

Just went to the J. Crew Men's Store in LA at the Grove Mall and man is that store nice. It has a ton of Wallace and Barnes stuff, a lot of which is no longer offered online like the camo workshirt, the color blocked flannel shirt, and the pindot shirt, they also had a large selection of boots from Red Wings to the Chippewa, unfortunatley no Alden's, was hoping to try on a pair. They had a huge selection of their secret wash shirts in all sizes, my local J.Crew has a tiny selection of XS which is what I take. In the back they had a large selection of suits. I walked out with a pair of the 484 chinos and the selvedge indigo denim shirt. I wish I had a Men's Store where I live, I don't live in LA. They were even offering a free haircut and shave, first come first serve. I think I spent well over an hour in there.

1 person likes this.
  3. relax99

relax99 Well-Known Member

How has everyone's experience been with their return policy? I bought something with cash and of course lost the receipt. Can I still return the item for at least store credit if the tags are still on?

4. lostintranslation

lostintranslation Well-Known Member

Depends on the manager, I believe. I was able to do it the one time I tried.

5. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

This is cool to hear - going to LA this weekend, and being relatively unfamiliar with the area, will have to check it out.

6. hyogen

hyogen Well-Known Member

was I just hallucinating, or did this jump in price from like $130ish to $230??

I guess $130 doesn't make sense since it's "wallace and barnes"....but still I could've sworn........................

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  7. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Well-Known Member

Was going to post about the decent sized order I placed, but I've been busy of late. That being said I did get the Buffalo Check CPO shirt. My advice, don't bother. I like the fit, but not as much as an overshirt. That's do to my build though, so it might work better for most. Still I'd wear it over a henley or something. The pattern and buttons are great. Just looking at it again, it looks a really dark navy (and not black) and red buffalo check. I'd noticed the buttons were navy right away. They're anchor buttons btw. Anyway, why wouldn't I recommend it? Wool on it really itches. I'm not too bothered by wool, especially from the bicep down when I have a t-shirt underneath, but this one really bothers me. It also bugs me where it hits my neck. I haven't returned it yet, but that wool is a likely deal breaker. By comprison I have the AW11 Woolrich Woolen Mills PPO shirts. They have the same sort of button, nearly identical, which actually is a point in J Crew's favor as I wouldn't have expected that button. Still the fabric on the Woolrich PPO shirts is sooo much nicer. Still a wool, but much more refined. Hope that helps.

I'd like to get the Black Watch shirt myself. I'm assuming at $350 it's a much more refined wool. Just went to sale on the site though and they only have xs left. Must have moved their inventory to the stores.

8. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

from http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204908604574332472424083020.html

9. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Well-Known Member

Store credit, yep :)

10. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Well-Known Member

Wow...you're right, got it for 30% off $128 too.

Even happier now that I bought it.

11. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Well-Known Member

Haircut and shave??

12. iGolf

iGolf Member

that's pretty screwed up on their part. i dont even see it on their website anymore so i guess S&D overruled their sense of business ethics

13. hyogen

hyogen Well-Known Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll see if I can ask them to price match (doubtful...but I've had good luck with their customer service so far, so might as well try).

By the way, how do you like it? I think someone else said that the color is not as blue in real life... a little more gray?

I also JUST noticed that this sweater has elbow patches.. hmm. The online rep says she'll price match for me :slayer::nodding:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  14. Questionnaire

Questionnaire Well-Known Member

15. thonez

thonez Well-Known Member

Awesome to hear, I hope to make it down there soon to check out

16. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was me... and I was wrong lol. I don't know what was wrong with me that night lol.

17. hyogen

hyogen Well-Known Member

good to know :) looks like I'll be getting it afterall. 30% off of the $128 :D

so it looks like it does in the pic?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  18. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Well-Known Member

does anyone have the Slim Waffle Henley and can you comment on the fit/size/quality? Can anyone compare it to the American Apparel baby thermal long sleeve henley? I have a bunch of those and love the fit....

thanks!

19. milesbeyond

milesbeyond Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with the Wallace and Barnes selvedge denim?

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/t...hallany~~~~~wallace and barnes dark/99584.jsp

Oddly, the 484 cords fit perfectly but the 484 denim fits me too tight in the thighs. The slim-straight cut is just too baggy for me.

I'm currently in some Made in the USA Levi 511's (not raw) that have stretched perfectly. But I'm trying to find ONE more pair of jeans that fit just slightly looser.

I was on the chat with J.Crew and she said the W&B were supposed to fall right inbetween the two in-house fits.

Worth the $210 (after 30%)? Another option was the LVC 505.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/denim/selvedge/PRDOVR~17342/17342.jsp

Kind of a bummer that the model isn't made in the USA at that price point...but Levi's appears to not make any USA 505's anymore.

Basically, I'm looking for some selvedge denim that's already pre-shrunk so I don't have to deal with crazy amounts of stretching or fading. And all the other big selvedge names (APC, Tellason, etc) seem to be all raw.

20. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Well-Known Member

No experience with the W&B selvedge, but I know these Wings + Horns straight fit come in an OK wash and are USA made. Might be a decent alternative to the aforementioned, and could probably be found on sale somewhere now.