1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Therendition, Jul 23, 2012.

1. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

That's good to know. I guess I was most interested in the feel of the Moon. Thanks for your time.

:slayer:

2. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Which one are you getting?

3. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

I still don't know. I'm a whore for herringbone and would certainly get the Harris if it was. The Moon looks really quite awesome but I already have a cashmere sport jacket in an almost identical (herringbone) colorway. Hmmm.

4. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

More like inverallan
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  5. ShiroiAkuma

ShiroiAkuma Well-Known Member

^ I also have the J Crew Moon tweed jacket and I love it. It did stretch a bit & it certainly softened up a good amount after a week or so break in. It is very sturdy and I prefer it over the Harris.
    In short you can't go wrong buying one of these, it's my new go to cold weather sport coat for work and weekend.

6. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Yep, I've been wearing my Moon jacket a lot lately as the weather cools down. Very versatile. I've worn it with dress shirt and ties, or just a casual shirt. Goes well with jeans as well as chinos and even dressier trousers. Great jacket.

7. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Getting my Ludlow suit tailored. The guys that marked the alterations for me in the local J. Crew store said they were impressed how spot-on the fit was even without tailoring. I don't need to do anything to the jacket except, out of personal preference, taking the sleeves up about 1/4 inch to show off more sleeve. The pants were puddling just a bit so the inseam is going up about an inch or so, but the waist and the fit throughout is perfect, nice and slim without being overly tight.

I am going to wear this suit to death. This is not hanging in the back of the closet for special occasions. I am planning on wearing this at least a couple of times to work just for the hell of it.

I have an ancient suit that I got in the 90s in what was regarded as a top tier department store. My God, what a box. Either I really was a lot bigger then (I have lost some weight but I can't believe I was ever huge as this suit would have you believe). The lapels are aboutn 4 inches wide, there's not taper in the waist, and you could almost fit two of me in the pants.I can't believe I wore that suit to job interviews and still got the job!

8. SenorChang

SenorChang Well-Known Member

More like a full size. I'm a 9D (almost 9.5D) and I the 8D indys are almost too big for me.

9. Coopa

Coopa Well-Known Member

FYI, and i think someone has already mentioned this, the twill dot shirt fits slimmer than the regular cut shirts. It's not quite as trim in the waist as the slim fit, but it's pretty close. It's a super nice shirt, the best in quality i've ever received from jcrew.

10. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Well-Known Member

My online order status remains at 'Submitted' since yesterday morning. What the heck does that mean? :fu:

11. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

I ordered a peacoat on Tuesday and mine is still with that status, too. Hasn't shipped out yet; I shot them an email and they say it's being prepared to be shipped out.

I think they're just hammered from the recent sales.

12. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Well-Known Member

My order is at "Released." No idea what that means.

Ordered a ton of stuff yesterday with the 30% off (Christmas, fuck yeah [​IMG]). Most notably the W&B Cable Cardigan, Deck Jacket and the Saint James shirts in each color (lol). I've been eyeing those shirts forever and finally got them on sale.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  13. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

Do J Crew oxford shirts (not the secret wash shirts) have box pleats in the back?

14. thonez

thonez Well-Known Member

Yeah but they are tiny... either 1.25 or 1.5 inches wide

Kind of annoying tbh... not sure what the point of having them is.

15. pseudonym

pseudonym Well-Known Member

Post up pics when you get the final product. Would love to see fit pics.

16. AtMyHands

AtMyHands Member

Does anybody know the name of the style # of this piece? I'd like to purchase it, but I cannot find it on their website =(

17. Coopa

Coopa Well-Known Member

If you do live chat and send them a link to the picture, they might be able to figure it out.

18. SenorChang

The shirt is style# 20596 and the sweater is style# 95617.

19. AtMyHands

AtMyHands Member

Thank you, now off to hunt for the sweater! Too bad live Chat isn't available today =(

20. SenorChang

Just call 1-800-562-0258 and ask if they can do a We Will Find It For You.