1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. dunelly

dunelly Well-Known Member

484 is like levi 514 but sized down 2

2. enigma77

enigma77 Well-Known Member

Been impressed with the sweaters so far, hope they have more on the way. Not going to give SNS Herning a run for its money or anything, but the chunkier stuff is more varied and more interesting than in years past. I liked the wool blend shawl collar and the Mariner's sweater. Awesome that they would do a double-breasted shawl, and it's soft as hell. Still, just for the sake of $ I'll probably return it soon. Anyone here want it? Would sell for $175 shipped; it's a size S. PM me. Anyway, anyone know if they'll be putting up more sweaters this season? It'd be great to see a deeper merino V neck.

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I'm a regular in this thread and have never begged for coupons, but does anyone have a 20% that can be used online? I need to order a couple items and have to buy the special sizes they don't sell in store. I can pay you a reasonable fee. [​IMG]

4. BossTweed

BossTweed Well-Known Member

it doesnt even look awesome on that guy... so it wont look good on you.
    I'm extremely attractive.
    He looks like he hates wearing....you should too!!! This is the final ruling of styleforum!!!
    This is the J. Crew thread -- not Styleforum.
    Yea, I've seen it. I almost lost my lunch. Thankfully, a hot red-head was my cashier.
    Lol, I didn't know J. Crew could do wrong in this thread. Nevertheless, since no one's actually seen it in person, I have no reason not to buy it. Seems like a decent piece to layer over a dark button up and beneath a winter coat.

5. KPO89

KPO89 Well-Known Member

This is the J. Crew thread -- not Styleforum.

LOL sorry man. I thought my sarcasm in that statement was pretty evident.

6. Seel1138

Seel1138 Member

Lol, I didn't know J. Crew could do wrong in this thread. Nevertheless, since no one's actually seen it in person, I have no reason not to buy it. Seems like a decent piece to layer over a dark button up and beneath a winter coat.

Again, I bought it and think it's one of the better pieces this season. Super versatile, fits well, looks better with age with the alpaca/wool blend. The knit seems really durable for how soft it is and isn't too loose. The details a great and I usually don't buy shit full price.

The model looks pissed in all his photos.

7. Newstyle

Newstyle Well-Known Member

What is the opinion on the fireman's hoodie? I like it but at the same time I don't. I'm putting an order in and I'm really trying to go for pieces that I can keep for some time. This sweatshirt looks nice for casual wear, I like the faded black look, but at the same time seems kinda gimmicky. What do people think? Pull the trigger on this or wait awhile?

8. wbd713

wbd713 Member

9. Jpreme87

Jpreme87 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how the suede wingtips run as far as sizing im a 9?

10. racknac

racknac Well-Known Member

What is the opinion on the fireman's hoodie? I like it but at the same time I don't. I'm putting an order in and I'm really trying to go for pieces that I can keep for some time. This sweatshirt looks nice for casual wear, I like the faded black look, but at the same time seems kinda gimmicky. What do people think? Pull the trigger on this or wait awhile?

I have it in black and really like it.

11. KnowYourRights

KnowYourRights Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how the suede wingtips run as far as sizing im a 9?

True to size, in my experience. I have the j crew wingtips in brown and black. Bought my true size and they fit great.

12. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

I'm in Canada and thinkign about going for a J Crew chambray shirt. I've never bought from J Crew before so i'm a newbie.

So I will be ordering from online but they only have the grey chambray online at least right now? Which is better though? The grey or blue? I'll be wearing it mostly with an off-white BR chino and oakwood color Clarks DB.

Regarding size...since I've never bought anything from J Crew before I'm not sure. I'm 5'11" and 158 lbs...so ya I'm slim. I'm thinking small?

Also the shipping is quite a lot on top of an already expensive shirt. Anyone here willing to proxy it to me? About how much can I save by proxy?

Thanks,

13. vvoc

vvoc Well-Known Member

any coupon codes out right now? also anyone got an opinion about this jacket [​IMG]

14. innocentbystander

innocentbystander Well-Known Member

I recieved the fair isle sweater and the rustico sweater (the one that everbody is hating on) in the mail today. They both fit well on me -- slim arms, close to the body. No complaints about the fair isle. I can tell the rustico will pile a lot.

15. vvoc

vvoc Well-Known Member

also can the student discount be applied online??

16. AEB A4

AEB A4 Well-Known Member

also can the student discount be applied online??

Student discount won't work online anymore. Total BS

17. KPO89

KPO89 Well-Known Member

I'm in Canada and thinkign about going for a J Crew chambray shirt. I've never bought from J Crew before so i'm a newbie.

So I will be ordering from online but they only have the grey chambray online at least right now? Which is better though? The grey or blue? I'll be wearing it mostly with an off-white BR chino and oakwood color Clarks DB.

Regarding size...since I've never bought anything from J Crew before I'm not sure. I'm 5'11" and 158 lbs...so ya I'm slim. I'm thinking small?

Also the shipping is quite a lot on top of an already expensive shirt. Anyone here willing to proxy it to me? About how much can I save by proxy?

Thanks,

I would definitely go with xs. I'm 5'11" 180 and I wear small in the chambray. I'd be willing to proxy from the clearance store for you. That would save you a hell of a lot of money. PM me if you are interested.

18. Bond111

Bond111 Well-Known Member

any coupon codes out right now?

also anyone got an opinion about this jacket

[​IMG]

I've had this since around the release of it, and I absolutely love it. I ordered a small, and everything fits great minus the sleeves(a touch too long, but I find that with most all shirts. I must have shorter arms than someone my size 5'8" 145lbs) It looks great on if I do say so myself. You won't regret getting it.

19. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Well-Known Member

Student discount won't work online anymore. Total BS

when did this change? i bought a pair of pants about 3 wks ago and emailed cust serv. and got a student disc

20. AEB A4

AEB A4 Well-Known Member

when did this change? i bought a pair of pants about 3 wks ago and emailed cust serv. and got a student disc

Mid-September sometime I think.