1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Thrifter

Thrifter Well-Known Member

I have about $500 worth of stuff sitting in my bag on the website waiting for me to order. I'm holding out for a 20+% with free shipping coupon code.

2. eczerwonka

eczerwonka Well-Known Member

great mail day today:

i really like it. sad that it's not fully-lined in flannel, so i can see why eczerwonka would have those complaints, but i don't really have any of those waxy problems he was referencing too, not sure if that has to do with whatever washing process j crew does prior to selling these. seems like a pretty good all-season jacket and very rainproof. gonna be great to bike on gloomy days wearing it. i figure if it gets super cold i could spring for one of the gilets.

Looks good on you. I think Belstaff jackets really dress up well actually. My issues are are unique to me and my location/weather and really are just functional issues.

If you ever get tired of the wax you can take it to the laundry and wash it a couple of times to get it out. Worked really well. I then dyed mine a much darker brown and rewaxed it a few times since. The waxed tan was just too much of a filth magnet if you use it hard. Patina is nice but it just looked nasty [​IMG]

3. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Well-Known Member

I'm holding out for a 20+% with free shipping coupon code.

+1.
    I hope they have it soon.

4. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

do we live in the stone age?

it didn't get released for another 24 hrs

I was 6 minutes 'late'

now this package is going to go through their entire supply chain, waste time and gasoline in shipment and out to me where I will have to mail it back and they will have to inspect it and restock it - all for NOTHING

they got notified 1 hr and 6 minutes later that I didn't want it

what's their time worth? what's my time worth?

at least 8 (!) people are going to touch that package I'm guessing round trip and that's a low estimate

warehouse person, delivery person, admin person, me, delivery person to return it, warehouse person, returns dept person, admin person to restock it

Not to mention all the time you've wasted bitching and whining about this?

5. RyanAnderson

RyanAnderson Well-Known Member

Yeah, I asked for measurements on the ludlow jackets a few weeks ago and they told me a 38 had 18.25" shoulders and 40 had 18.75". That seems fairly large to me. I need a 40" chest but 18" shoulders.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure 18" is standard on a 40 jacket. Don't know how anyone would have a 36" chest and 18" shoulders unless they were nothing but a ribcage.

6. Stewbone

Stewbone Well-Known Member

What sweatshirt is this guy wearing, and where can I purchase it? Im asuming its coming out later in the season?
    (attached)
    [​IMG]

7. Guitar Preacher

Guitar Preacher Well-Known Member

These pants arent out yet are they?

[​IMG]

8. gasoline

gasoline Well-Known Member

Saw the Woodland jacket in-store today. It's basically a Barbour jacket. Flannel lined, oiled not waxed. Too bad, I love the look but I can't really get into oiled clothing. Not good for touch phones. Hands were noticeably oily just trying it on. Anyway it looks a lot different than the preview pics. Otherwise, perfect jacket. Looked amazing.

9. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Well-Known Member

I tried one of these on at the store the other day. Just so you're aware, the shoulders on these things are huge and it will absolutely not fit like the pics on the site. the 36 has 18" shoulder to shoulder.
    WTF?! That shoulder is enormous! I guess I have to pass the only item I'm willing to pay full price for so far.

10. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Well-Known Member

great mail day today:
    [​IMG]

Really like this jacket. Fits well imo.

11. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Well-Known Member

PSA: Was just notified of this in an e-mail from J. Crew:
    So, we can no longer use our student discount for online orders. Looks like I won't be ordering much from JC anymore.. can't think of any pieces which are worth full retail + outrageous shipping fees

12. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Why does JCrew insist on spamming my inbox to let me know "new styles have been added to the Sale section," when I never see anything added? [​IMG]

This is happening more and more often lately.

13. hastur

hastur Well-Known Member

PSA: Was just notified of this in an e-mail from J. Crew:

So, we can no longer use our student discount for online orders. Looks like I won't be ordering much from JC anymore.. can't think of any pieces which are worth full retail + outrageous shipping fees

j crew hates getting business apparently [​IMG]

14. capa

capa Well-Known Member

anyone recommend J. Crew desert boots over Clarks desert boots?

15. gasoline

gasoline Well-Known Member

I have both, although Jcrew's are nice Clark's are a far better value.

anyone recommend J. Crew desert boots over Clarks desert boots?

16. jc138

jc138 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm pretty sure 18" is standard on a 40 jacket. Don't know how anyone would have a 36" chest and 18" shoulders unless they were nothing but a ribcage.
    Try brooks brothers, they seem to have the narrowest 40s that I've found.

17. freewilliee

freewilliee Well-Known Member

Really like this jacket. Fits well imo.

how much you got it for?

18. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Well-Known Member

first jcrew jacket for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. enigma77

enigma77 Well-Known Member

Fit seems trim in the chest and shoulders but poofy at the bottom. Maybe it's the style? Those side pockets (Napoleon pockets?) seem awfully high.

20. kryptix

kryptix Well-Known Member

what size did you get?