1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thenanyu, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Guus

Guus Well-Known Member

Funny how soft and loose these wool coats look in the catalogs and website. Too bad they aren't anything like that.

BTW, umhaha84. Last winter I bought a cashmere blended version of that coat. Returned it because it was so much larger than it looked (And long) and the one I returned was a small. Not saying not to buy it because they have addressed their sizing lately but just for you to be aware of my experience. If it helps, I'm 5'8 145lbs.

2. Harbin

Harbin Well-Known Member

Wow it just sold out in Medium.

3. CEE88

CEE88 Well-Known Member

Wow it just sold out in Medium.
    you're better off without it. check re-sale chops for pea coats or try something like this from Gloverall, which is made in England and infinitely better quality than the one from Crew: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/2...t-For-Men.html

4. timblade

timblade Member

is somebody knows how we can obtain J Crew clothes outside the USA ?

5. URALLMORONS

URALLMORONS Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

thinking about getting this coat,
    can anyone tell how they fit?
    kinda worried because its final sale.

it's mayfair wool herringbone btw.

True if not a little big.

I am a medium in shoulders. smedium in waist. Fits shoulders fine baggy in waist. I got mine with the Thinsulate layer to btw.

6. Pangolin

Pangolin Well-Known Member

is somebody knows how we can obtain J Crew clothes outside the USA ?

You should consider yourself lucky you can't.

7. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

You should consider yourself lucky you can't.

Ohhhhhhh a J Crew joke in a J Crew thread.

A SF first.

8. mk.ultra

mk.ultra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm really lovin these shoes, anyone know what they are?

9. Bond111

Bond111 Well-Known Member

10. mk.ultra

^^They are the Russell Moccasinâ„¢ Co. Thula Thula PH boots. They look super comfy. I don't think I've seen anyone on here mention them before. http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...8436/28436.jsp

lol they're made 2 miles from my house, awesome. but $400? cant even do it.

11. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

Nice, you live in Berlin? I've been up there a few times to visit Russsell, awesome place, and their stuff is well worth the asking price.

12. mk.ultra

Nice, you live in Berlin? I've been up there a few times to visit Russsell, awesome place, and their stuff is well worth the asking price.
    I live on the edge of Greenfield and New Berlin. Is there anyone that offers something similar for cheaper...way cheaper (Like $100)?

13. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice that the tweed suit posted on the first page of this thread, over 10 months ago, is finally up on the site? Been waiting for this forever and just pulled the trigger on it.

[​IMG]

14. Dinky89484

Dinky89484 Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice that the tweed suit posted on the first page of this thread, over 10 months ago, is finally up on the site? Been waiting for this forever and just pulled the trigger on it.

[​IMG]

Great looking suit in my opinion. I thought this was their Wool Flannel suit for the Fall/Winter season though.

15. Jim Barns

Jim Barns Well-Known Member

16. tcolberg

tcolberg Well-Known Member

WTF, $650 for a J.Crew suit? As much as I love the subtle birds-eye tweed, that's a shit load of money for J.Crew. Add CA tax and you're talking $700. Yikes.

Wonder if any of you know of anything similar that's not $700 or better quality for this amount of money? Then again, everyone is probably over in the S/S thread.

17. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

This is definitely not the gray flannel suit, which has been available as a f/w item for several years now (I've owned one in the Aldridge cut for over a year). I opened a j.crew card to take advantage of the first-purchase discount, made the order via red phone in the store to get free shipping, and the whole purchase came out to about $550 after tax. It's not a cheap suit, but that's an acceptable price for me. I'm not aware of any other tweed suit for that price.

18. 1up

1up Well-Known Member

True if not a little big.

I am a medium in shoulders. smedium in waist. Fits shoulders fine baggy in waist. I got mine with the Thinsulate layer to btw.

Nice coat. Where is it a final sale? Link?

19. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Well-Known Member

Selling a BNWT fair isle cardigan in sz small. Check link in sig.

20. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Well-Known Member

WTH is up with J Crew's final sale policy? Anyway, I've got a NWT wool Langham, navy/grey plaid in size small that's too tight. PM me if you want it.