1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Jul 10, 2009.

1. John_Edward

John_Edward Well-Known Member

Morning gents,

Just wondering if anyone recalls seeing a brown, brushed cotton two-button blazer/sports coat with pick-stitched lapels on J Crews website/catalogue recently ($199)?

I saw it on Saturday and went to buy it on Monday, only to discover it was no longer mentioned anywhere at all. I've checked the sale page, etc. It seems it sold out entirely or was removed for another reason, despite having been available for purchase for several weeks/months.

I've emailed J Crew but they can't help me unless I can give them an item name. They searched for each of the above keywords, but their database doesn't allow them to search descriptions, strictly item numbers and names. Any help in tracking this down would be greatly appreciated!

2. Guus

Guus Well-Known Member

Hey guys, need some help regarding authentic peacoat sizing. I wear a small in J. Crew shirts and a medium in the utility jacket. What size should I go with?

Probably small if you want a slim fit. If not, then medium is fine.

3. Fiddy

Fiddy Well-Known Member

Probably small if you want a slim fit. If not, then medium is fine.

Yeah, I ended up going with the small. Fingers crossed.

4. aragoona

aragoona Well-Known Member

I tried every store in NY and they couldn't get me a herringbone utility shirt in small or medium....DAMN!

5. aqhong

aqhong Well-Known Member

^ Cross-posting from the S/S thread:
    Dunno if people already know about this, but J.Crew has an item search hotline. The number is 1.877.280.2718. Called them Monday about the herringbone shirt in XS (sold out online), got an email yesterday saying they found it, and another today confirming shipment. Got it for the sale price too. I have to say, J.Crew customer service is pretty excellent.

6. scb

scb Well-Known Member

I tried every store in NY and they couldn't get me a herringbone utility shirt in small or medium....DAMN!

i could have sworn the white plains store had some. I saw some smalls in the Greenwich, ct store on monday, though

7. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Well-Known Member

He prob checked the Manhattan stores.

8. aragoona

aragoona Well-Known Member

Yea only the Manhattan stores, I did find some x-smalls in the Madison location. Also, I used the red phone to price match the bowery messenger bag and bowery tote they have on their website for 100$ each. I got the following

Black bowery messenger bag - 19.99
    Hickory bowery messenger bag - 39.99
    Hickory tote- 29.99

9. Lendo

Lendo Well-Known Member

New stuff online today, would've copped some madras, but the enlarged print looks kind of beat.

10. Fiddy

Fiddy Well-Known Member

Bummer. Just got the dreaded call...

"We're sorry to inform you that your order for the authentic peacoat can not be fulfilled. Have a nice day."

11. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

there's a buttload of peacoats on sale at my local shop. not sure which version it is but i think it was 199 marked down from something, but don't quote me on the price.

12. Fiddy

Fiddy Well-Known Member

there's a buttload of peacoats on sale at my local shop. not sure which version it is but i think it was 199 marked down from something, but don't quote me on the price.
    Yeah, after some calling around I ended up getting it sorted... Thanks.

13. m7ia

m7ia Active Member

Are you sure? I went to the Roosevelt Field Mall location yesterday and there are about 5 of the darker ones on the sale rack; at least one was size S. There may have been a medium, I'm not sure. EDIT: oh sorry, just saw you tried the NYC stores only

14. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Yea only the Manhattan stores, I did find some x-smalls in the Madison location. Also, I used the red phone to price match the bowery messenger bag and bowery tote they have on their website for 100$ each. I got the following

Black bowery messenger bag - 19.99
    Hickory bowery messenger bag - 39.99
    Hickory tote- 29.99

I have the Black Bowery Bag and absolutely love it. It's the perfect casual messenger bag to carry about my Macbook and a few daily items. The best features it has are the fact that you can secure the flap down so your items don't fall out and the handle on the top. If only all messenger bags had a handle like that...

I paid around $30 for it used on this forum so you got a great deal at $20. [​IMG]

15. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

I have a peacoat (black, medium, thinsulate) that I'm probably willing to part with if anyone wants it and can't find one (and wants a fair bit of a discount from the 275 it retailed at). I like it, but I think it's just going to be redundant with a ToJ peacoat for me.

16. Fiddy

Fiddy Well-Known Member

xpost from the S/S 2010 thread: I just received a brand new navy peacoat from J. Crew in size medium if anyone wants it. I ordered a small and a medium and am going to return the medium, so if anyone wanted one but missed it before they sold out online let me know. I paid $150, so it'll be $160 shipped CONUS. Let me know ASAP as I'm planning on returning it tomorrow...

17. Andrew V.

Andrew V. Well-Known Member

18. rolling green

rolling green Well-Known Member

J. Crew Aficionada has posted a link to this spread on Frank Muytjens in Free & Easy magzine, via the Mister Crew blog:

http://mistercrew.com/blog/2010/01/2...asy/#more-4684

number 11 appears to be the upcoming white version of the Timex military watch.

great find......I like the black face better

19. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Bummer. Just got the dreaded call...

"We're sorry to inform you that your order for the authentic peacoat can not be fulfilled. Have a nice day."

Wow, bummer, man. Seriously, my heart goes out to you. Man, if I got a call like that... well, I don't know what I'd do! Probably wouldn't be able to get out of bed for a week.

You doin' OK, bro? You wanna talk about it?

20. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

Wow, bummer, man. Seriously, my heart goes out to you. Man, if I got a call like that... well, I don't know what I'd do! Probably wouldn't be able to get out of bed for a week.

You doin' OK, bro? You wanna talk about it?

What the fuck is wrong with you?