1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Jul 10, 2009.

1. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Well-Known Member

Anybody have the white cotton/linen Caine shawl collar cardigan from the summer in small or medium that they want to get rid of?
    [​IMG]

2. Crakaveli

Crakaveli Well-Known Member

Anybody have the white cotton/linen Caine shawl collar cardigan from the summer in small or medium that they want to get rid of?
    [​IMG]

check the buy/sell forum

3. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Well-Known Member

^^^
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=145022

Thanks, but I am looking for a cotton rib knit version. Does anybody know if J Crew does a cotton shawl collar cardigan every spring/summer? I've decided to give the shawl collar a try and would like a cotton one so I can use it for spring/summer/fall.

4. Jpreme87

Jpreme87 Well-Known Member

Anyone got a white oxford sz M for sell? hit the pm!

5. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Well-Known Member

Just bought the vintage straight fit cords today, great fit...its too bad they dont offer a slim version though but its pretty slim in itself... Why dont they offer it in stores though...says only catalouge or online order...
    I think they do...I picked mine up in the Marine color on sale for about 40 bucks.

6. saelan

saelan Well-Known Member

I tried on the desert boots tonight and looked horrible in them. I was wearing APC Petite Standards. They didnt look right with skinny jeans that are too long. Or I have a horrible sense of image?

I have Clarks DBs that I wear with my PS all the time. I think the issue might just be that the Mcalister boots aren't as nice as OG Clarks, despite their popularity around here.

On the other hand, they're not that different. You really think they looked "horrible"?

7. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

That spring preview was great. Looks like they're getting a bit more daring.

8. gtenney

gtenney Member

I received a few items this week that I ordered a couple weeks ago when they were having that 20% off sale. I thought that I would share my thoughts on a couple of the items that I got.
    I ordered the university coat. I have been looking for a good wool jacket for some time and I thought this looked perfect. Unfortunately I was very disappointed with the way that it fit me. I wear a size large in almost everything that I have from J Crew. So I ordered a size large (Charcoal w/Thinsulate). The jacket is way longer and boxier than it appears in the pictures. This picture on the website is especially misleading because the model is tucking his hands into his pant's pockets so you don't really get a sense for how long this jacket really is.
    [​IMG]

So I am not really sure if I want to return it and just get my money back or if I want to exchange it for something else. I was thinking of exchanging it for a medium. That may solve the problem with how boxy it is but I still think that it will be too long for what I am looking for. I have been considering exchanging it for the pea coat but I am not sure how J Crew's pea coats fit. My wife has their women's pea coat (w/thinsulate) and she loves the way it fits and how warm it is. Any thoughts on their pea coat? Does it fit similar to the University coat?

My recent order was not all negative though. I got the Youngstown flannel and I love the way it fits. It feels exactly like I would want a flannel to feel. It is really soft and feels pretty substantial/durable.
    I also got the Vintage slim-fit selvedge jean in worn rinse wash. I normally would not have purchased these because I think $150 is too much for J Crew selvedge denim. But with the 20% off and some gift cards I decided to give them a try. I was really impressed with the quality of these jeans. The denim feels really substantial. I also really love the way they fit. It is really hard for me to find jeans that fit the way that I want and these really fit perfectly. I am really glad that I bought these jeans.
    I also got the Secret Wash button-down shirt in gunmetal giant gingham. I love the way this shirt fits and feels. The cotton is really soft and the cut it perfect.
    So those were a few thoughts on some stuff I recently purchased that I thought I would share with everyone.
    Any suggestions on the pea coat would be appreciated. [​IMG]

9. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Well-Known Member

The code is "FBFAN" and it's good for free shipping with no minimum.

10. synovoid

synovoid Well-Known Member

how is the wool-angora scarf? anybody?

11. hnlax

hnlax Well-Known Member

I have Clarks DBs that I wear with my PS all the time. I think the issue might just be that the Mcalister boots aren't as nice as OG Clarks, despite their popularity around here.

On the other hand, they're not that different. You really think they looked "horrible"?

I wear that same combo all the time too. I think it looks pretty good. How slim are you your PS, op?

Maybe try on some clarks instead? Again, they're not that different...but they are cheaper. And there are rumors that clarks (or the clarks factory) actually just makes them for j crew anyway.

I also like my beeswax pair more than the grey suede pair. Maybe that's why it looked a bit off to you?

12. xanatos

xanatos Well-Known Member

Here's a fit pic of my utility jacket.Look nice?
    [​IMG]

13. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Well-Known Member

^Looks great, I especially like the fact that you didn't wear a belt.

14. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Here's a fit pic of my utility jacket.Look nice?
    [​IMG]

Spot on. I like the color too. I've got the olive drab.

Now to get that J. Crew model look, you've got to crimp up a sleeve or two, especially on the wrist you wear a watch, and catch a little shirt sleeve in the fold. Then nonchalantly unbutton a pocket a tuck in the flap.

15. xanatos

xanatos Well-Known Member

My camera is not the best (sony cams suck) so thats why its too blue. but the faded black is just awsome looking irl

16. airflight23

airflight23 Well-Known Member

Has anyone washed/dried their "secret wash button downs"?

I was wondering how much I should expect in length shrinkage? I need it to shrink maybe an inch or so , but anything in the range of 2-3 might make me reconsider putting it in the dryer.

17. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Well-Known Member

they don't shrink that much.

no shirt should shrink 2-3 inches in length...

18. robin

robin Well-Known Member

I was wondering how much I should expect in length shrinkage? I need it to shrink maybe an inch or so , but anything in the range of 2-3 might make me reconsider putting it in the dryer.
    Not going to happen. Take it to a tailor if you need to shorten it.

19. Max Coleman

Max Coleman Active Member

what is the difference between Surplus Chinos and Officer Chinos? at the local store today they were both together, some on sale, some not... and the salesperson didn't know.