1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Teger, Jul 10, 2009.

1. synovoid

synovoid Well-Known Member

the fireman's jacket rocks

2. bluemagic

bluemagic Well-Known Member

The red chambray and the fireman's coat are gonna be mine. Wow.

btw, I wonder if the Fall Sale e-mail I got might mean there will be more markdowns in the store, that is, more than what's available online?

Those e-mails are often deceptive. I always go to the store and find literally nothing new on sale. [​IMG]

3. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

I was shopping for a coat for my mom for Christmas on the website and never had any idea how many women's clothing they have. There are over 40 outwear coats alone. When are the men going to get a wider selection?

4. synovoid

I have the Youngstown shirt (and I love it), trying to get another flannel shirt to pair w/ dark (black or navy) utility jacket, what's your recommendation? other than their flannel ones, I like to put this shirt w/ a dark color utility jacket, any thoughts? [​IMG]

5. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

When are the men going to get a wider selection?

When they stop being such miserly pricks?

6. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

When they stop being such miserly pricks?

Ha ha, yeah, the wimmenz do luv to spend they money on the clothes.

7. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

I have the Youngstown shirt (and I love it), trying to get another flannel shirt to pair w/ dark (black or navy) utility jacket, what's your recommendation?

other than their flannel ones, I like to put this shirt w/ a dark color utility jacket, any thoughts?

I think all the flannel and tartan shirts would look fine with that jacket.

8. sccoopy

sccoopy Well-Known Member

I am very into the blue/green plaid pattern of the youngstown flannel. How do you guys comment on these three patterns. which one is better and how do they compare to the pattern of the youngstown shirt? comment on patterns only please. one of the shirt is from a shitty brand. Thanks [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Well-Known Member

^
    those don't even look like flannel, just plaid. and you can't "compare" plaids, it's all personal taste. i like the blues in the youngstown flannel but the grey makes it neutral so it goes with anything but has a little pop.

10. pitboss12

pitboss12 Well-Known Member

Dude ^ is right. Plaids are a very personal preference. Something I think is amazing could look awful to someone else. That said, I don't like any of the plaid patterns you posted. They have an Old Navy/Target vibe that I'm not a fan of.

11. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Well-Known Member

I'm bet a lot of you guys have seen this already but just in case you haven't: J.Crew S/S 10 Preview on Secret Forts It's looking real good IMO. Some better shots of the fireman's coat, red chambray, and a cool new chambray(?) workshirt. Does anyone know what the green shoes in taht one photo of all the collab items is?

12. RyanAnderson

RyanAnderson Well-Known Member

I just picked up a pair of the Sperry x J.Crew Chukkas debating whether I should keep them or go with some Clarks DBs.

Anyone have an opinion on which to keep?

13. BrooklynHighpost

BrooklynHighpost Well-Known Member

I'm bet a lot of you guys have seen this already but just in case you haven't:

J.Crew S/S 10 Preview on Secret Forts

It's looking real good IMO. Some better shots of the fireman's coat, red chambray, and a cool new chambray(?) workshirt.

Does anyone know what the green shoes in taht one photo of all the collab items is?

Wonder how much those Alden collab shoes will be

14. seany

seany Well-Known Member

wow the Redwing chukkas look amazing

the fireman jacket too !

great stuff,

15. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the green shoes in taht one photo of all the collab items is?

looks like the sperry bahama?

16. synovoid

I just picked up a pair of the Sperry x J.Crew Chukkas debating whether I should keep them or go with some Clarks DBs.

Anyone have an opinion on which to keep?

you picked up Sperry chukkas or MacAlister boots? The Sperry and DBs are different shoes, dude.

17. synovoid

I think all the flannel and tartan shirts would look fine with that jacket.
    ha ha, you're really into j crew shirts, man. you're gonna grab the new shirt in the pic?

18. RyanAnderson

you picked up Sperry chukkas or MacAlister boots? The Sperry and DBs are different shoes, dude.

I got the sperry, I know they're different shoes, but they're close enough that I only want one or the other.

19. synovoid

I got the sperry, I know they're different shoes, but they're close enough that I only want one or the other.

they're different shoes, at least IMO. I own both the Sperry chukkas and MacAlister boots.

20. RyanAnderson

they're different shoes, at least IMO. I own both the Sperry chukkas and MacAlister boots.

Which do you get more use out of, since I'm only looking for one pair?