• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I've never been to funeral

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spb_lady
That's exactly the way i was always thinking about death and funeral. But it appeared that no matter you think of this it affects you a lot and it's kind of unpredictable thing for me, as i've never felt it before. Hope it will be ok today. I mostly feel sad and quiet now.

I know. It affects people differently. Just let it happen, whatever it is. and don't feel too bad about it either way.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm at the age where I'm beginning to attend more funerals (friends, older relatives, parents of friends...) ... life's like that.

spb_lady

Reaction score
I was thinking what is the most sad thing about it for me. And i realized that i see death as parting. A forever one.

People meet each other, people love each other, people hate each other, people don't care about each other, people disappear... but as long as we are all alive, we all have a chance to meet one day. Death takes this chance away.

Forever parting. It's a parting for longer one can even imagine. Evil cruel thing.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm fairly young and I've been to a ton of funerals (if you count memorials, I'm well in double digits).

Just go with the flow is the best advice. Some people will be inconsolable, some will be stoic. Just see what's happening and react appropriately.

I've cried at every funeral I've gone to, even for people I didn't know all that well, if that helps anything.

Edit: is this an Orthodox funeral?

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking what is the most sad thing about it for me. And i realized that i see death as parting. A forever one.

People meet each other, people love each other, people hate each other, people don't care about each other, people disappear... but as long as we are all alive, we all have a chance to meet one day. Death takes this chance away.

Forever parting. It's a parting for longer one can even imagine. Evil cruel thing.

How do you know it's forever parting? Have you died before and saw nobody?

spb_lady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
How do you know it's forever parting? Have you died before and saw nobody?

just have never heard about anybody who managed to meet one of the dead
eh.gif

spb_lady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta

Edit: is this an Orthodox funeral?

yes, it is

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just have never heard about anybody who managed to meet one of the dead
eh.gif

People who have had near death experiences claim otherwise.

spb_lady

Reaction score
People who have near death experiences claim otherwise.

i had near death experience myself. in a terrible car accident. i realized that there is nothing. just darkness.

though i'll be glad to find out that i was mistaking

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i had near death experience myself. in a terrible car accident. i realized that there is nothing. just darkness.

though i'll be glad to find out that i was mistaking

You actually died and came back?

spb_lady

Reaction score
You actually died and came back?

i threw out of the front window of the car when it crashed into a tree. i remember me watching the tree moving towards the car, i remember me thinking "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck". then i remember me opening my eyes in the ambulance next day. in the case i wouldn't open my eyes, "fuuuuuck" might be my last thought. then nothing.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yes, it is
Then I imagine it will be a little more, shall we say, heartfelt, than the ones I've gone to. I'm a Catholic but I will offer today's prayers on my prayer rope for the soul of your friend.

spb_lady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Then I imagine it will be a little more, shall we say, heartfelt, than the ones I've gone to.

I'm a Catholic but I will offer today's prayers on my prayer rope for the soul of your friend.

:thanks_hug:

runner-guy

Reaction score
I've been to some very, very sad funerals. My good friend's mother was shot and killed at her office when a gunmen went nuts. Awful. Also, my cousin's (though marriage) wife committed suicide due to postpartum depression and left him with a 4 month old and a 4 year old. That was the hardest funeral by far.

Some funerals are very sad and some are more celebrations of a person's life. Just remember you are there to support family members of the lost one. Be considerate, polite, and supportive and you will be fine.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads