1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

It's College Football Season boys!!!

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by TexasLidig8r, Sep 1, 2009.

1. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

I am definitely older than you.

That said, if A&M beats either Tech or Texas (not that I'm holding my breath this year or anything) it will be a good year. And when I was at A&M, I never would have thought I'd hear myself saying THAT.

Stop it, Thomas! STOP IT! I can not have you tainting my opinion of you with your Aggie talk!

Fine, I won't come back into this thread so I can maintain my last vestiges of respect for you.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

is it saturday yet???

3. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Stop it, Thomas! STOP IT! I can not have you tainting my opinion of you with your Aggie talk!

Fine, I won't come back into this thread so I can maintain my last vestiges of respect for you.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

hur hur, you said taint. [​IMG]

FWIW - one of my exes graduated from UT (but kindly hasn't rubbed in any snide remarks via FB), as did some relatives, and Mrs. T carries around a Longhorn backback that our FC simply HAD to HAVE. I agreed to send him to UT if he worked hard and got his act straight. Didn't hurt as much as I thought it would to make that deal.

4. kooky

kooky New Member

Ahhh. It's that time of year again. I've got my season tickets in hand, and I can't wait until Saturday.
    Let the trash talk start flying!

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

5. SenorMatador

SenorMatador Well-Known Member

Go Bucks.

That is all.

Oh, and OSU>USC.

6. Roikins

Roikins Well-Known Member

Go Bucks.

That is all.

Oh, and OSU>USC.

Haha, I'm flying out to see this game at the Shoe. I hate USC, but as a Californian, I need to support the state. Maybe I'll just wear my Cal shirt. [​IMG]

7. modern_leifeng

modern_leifeng Well-Known Member

Haha, I'm flying out to see this game at the Shoe. I hate USC, but as a Californian, I need to support the state. Maybe I'll just wear my Cal shirt. [​IMG]

Finally some, if a little mistaken, Pac 10 love...

FIGHT ON!!!

8. ama

ama Well-Known Member

USC with a true freshman QB will be exciting. (still don't like them...)

9. TexasLidig8r

TexasLidig8r Well-Known Member

Words of advice from a Texas - Ex who was in Columbus in 2005...

1. After the game, travel in packs.

2. Avoid packs of tOSU t-shirt after the game.. especially those who look drunk especially on Lane Street.

3. Get ready for obscenity laden trash talk and threats directed your way.

lol.. The Bucks have announced a public service campaign in essence asking their fans not to be jerks when our boys from the Naval Academy are offered up as sacrificial lambs.

http://deadspin.com/5346198/ohio-sta...r-five-seconds

Good luck with Swing State Aggy.

10. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

11. ohm

ohm Well-Known Member

If I wanted to watch slow, sub-par football being played by people I've never heard of and who should spend less time lifting weights and more time learning how to make a real living and cheered on by nutjobs who should probably wake up to reality, I'd tune in to the CFL.

Life as a big ten fan sure is rough.

12. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Well-Known Member

I fucking LOVE football season. Heading down to Doak Campbell, tailgating until the game begins, tailgating afterwards if we win. Good times.

I just hope we have a decent team this year. 7-4 sucks, Big Ten teams excluded.

13. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I fucking LOVE football season. Heading down to Doak Campbell, tailgating until the game begins, tailgating afterwards if we win. Good times. I just hope we have a decent team this year. 7-4 sucks, Big Ten teams excluded.
    You're going down Monday night

14. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

You're going down Monday night

[​IMG]

Keep details about your personal lives contained to PMs thanks.

15. bwong337

bwong337 Well-Known Member

As a UCLA alumni and brother of a buckeye, I can't agree with this statement more.
    +100000

16. GrillinFool

GrillinFool Well-Known Member

As someone who grew up around St. Louis I didn't have Shit to watch in terms of college football in my area. Illinois had a good D every year but sucked. Mizzou just plain sucked. I adopted a team that was on every week. Notre Dame. Feel free to mock away.

I love ND. A few years ago my BiL and I went up to visit his friend who was as senior there. We went to the Syracuse game on the last game of the season. He snuck into the senior section and I got to do the pushups on top of the crowd after the first TD. Friggin incredible.

I root for the local teams, Mizzou and Illinois (born in Illinois, live in MO for the last 10 years). Going to the dome on Sat for the Border War between them. I'll be sporting the black, my dad the blue and orange. Oh and we're tailgating like mofos. Hauling down 4 grills, a 10X10 awning, 15 slabs of ribs, 5 bags of chicken, couple hundred atomic buffalo turds, a few fatties and a bunch of crostinis. And we're giving it all away. Marketing the blog...

17. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Football tonight.

18. bwong337

bwong337 Well-Known Member

Oregon vs Boise State... it's gonna be good!
    Go Ducks!

19. thetieguy

thetieguy Well-Known Member

As long as Florida and Tim Tebow don't win it all, I will be happy. It should be an interesting season for U of M. They better beat Western Michigan on Saturday or Rich Rod is done here.

20. TexasLidig8r

TexasLidig8r Well-Known Member

I adopted a team that was on every week. Notre Dame. Feel free to mock away.

I love ND. A few years ago my BiL and I went up to visit his friend who was as senior there. We went to the Syracuse game on the last game of the season. He snuck into the senior section and I got to do the pushups on top of the crowd after the first TD. Friggin incredible.

So.. my Longhorns went to South Bend to play Notre Dame in 1995. I'm staying with my then wife's good friend in Chicago. A group of4 of us make the short drive to South Bend on game day... Brisk, sunny September day.... well, one person in the group.. his mom works in the athletic office. We pick up our tickets at the stadium and..

I'm sitting in the N.D. alumni section.. on the 50 yard line in my burnt orange shirt.. and lo and behold.. Dickie V... Dick Vitale is sitting right behind me!

Well.. we hung tough for a half but after halftime, the Irish start to pull away... I'm pounding down Maker's Marks.... and Dickie V starts to let me have... "hey hey.. Texas fans babeeee... hit the bus Longhorns... Game over babeee..."

Mofo was cracking me up. A good sport.

Before their stadium was expanded, it was great.. "touchdown Jesus" [now renamed Touchdown Jeebus in honor of Tim Tebow].

Just a great gameday atmosphere.