1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

It's College Football Season boys!!!

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by TexasLidig8r, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

Nice work by Huskies.

OSU redeemed themselves with a blowout, but then again it was against Toledo.

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

FSU will play at the level of their opponents all season.

Wunderbar.

3. edinatlanta

And oh yeah...Fuck you UGA.

4. who8mahrice

who8mahrice Well-Known Member

FML. 1-15 over the last two years and we were playing USC today. So naturally, I didn't care that much. Instead of watching the UW game, I took a long ass nap only to wake up to everyone's facebook status proclaiming the victory.

5. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

FML. 1-15 over the last two years and we were playing USC today. So naturally, I didn't care that much. Instead of watching the UW game, I took a long ass nap only to wake up to everyone's facebook status proclaiming the victory.
    Haha... good work. [​IMG]

6. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Well-Known Member

FSU will play at the level of their opponents all season.

Wunderbar.

They're a poorly coached young team with a lot of talent. Playcalling is really good this season though. Also nice to have a good quarterback for the first time since Weinke.

7. edinatlanta

They're a poorly coached young team with a lot of talent. Playcalling is really good this season though. Also nice to have a good quarterback for the first time since Weinke.

Good thing we know this coaching staff won't be around indefinitely--oh wait, never mind.

8. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    And oh yeah...Fuck you UGA.

We're a little scary now that we have an offense, huh? Take note - this is what a balanced offense looks like. They try to shut down one strategy, we move to another. If the D comes together before LSU, Georgia could be a big player down the stretch.

9. airportlobby

airportlobby Well-Known Member

USC is becoming a mystery. They look dominant against good competition, mediocre in the Pacific Northwest. They need to find a way to stay out of Washington and Oregon - they must be allergic to rain.

As much as I hate to say it, UT is a shadow of itself from last year. The efficiency on offense is not there. Colt is oddly off.... Maybe they are missing the reliability of Quan Cosby?

10. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Haha... good work.

[​IMG]

Is that your picture?

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

Is that your picture?

My buddy took it and sent it to me. I just watched on tv.

12. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

My buddy took it and sent it to me. I just watched on tv.
    It was a fantastic game - that feeling I got while watching it is what makes me a college fan: the context in which the game was played, the quality of the play itself (not many flags IIRC), the outcome, and then the fans/students rushing the field. EDIT: I don't think any team in the country would want to play the Huskies right now.

13. edinatlanta

New poll. IMO: Mississippi is overrated, FSU will end up rebounding to a top-15 season, Florida will lose at least once this season (see previous prediction), and I pray for a Texas v. Boise State championship.

14. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    New poll.

IMO: Mississippi is overrated, FSU will end up rebounding to a top-15 season, Florida will lose at least once this season (see previous prediction), and I pray for a Texas v. Boise State championship.

I don't understand the love for Ole Miss, either. FSU will finished ranked, I think, but not in the top-15. Florida didn't even look like the best team in the SEC East on Saturday. If we go only be what we've seen on the field, right now no team in the country is more overrated than the Gators.

15. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

16. retroaaron

retroaaron Well-Known Member

If Miami can get thru Va. Tech and OU without a loss they definitely deserve to be a top 3 team. I'm a huge fan of them but even I didnt see their early success coming. They have played surprisingly disciplined.

17. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

If Miami can get thru Va. Tech and OU without a loss they definitely deserve to be a top 3 team. I'm a huge fan of them but even I didnt see their early success coming. They have played surprisingly disciplined.

+1. And they have a good shot at OU, whether Sam Bradford is back or not.

18. dacia1300

dacia1300 Well-Known Member

we need to take it one game at a time. va techs up next, win in blacksburg then back to the 305 for OU. I think our chances are looking pretty good.

19. retroaaron

retroaaron Well-Known Member

I have to agree. Va. Tech hasnt looked like the class of the ACC thus far but it should be an entertaining game.

20. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I have to agree. Va. Tech hasnt looked like the class of the ACC thus far but it should be an entertaining game.
    It should be a close and very good game. Wish I could be there.