1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Israel Kamakawiwo`ole

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by imageWIS, Jan 24, 2005.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

Recently heard parts of one of his albums, I was very impressed, as well I realized I had heard his music in various films, yet had no clue as to who he was.

Jon.

2. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

His version of "Over The Rainbow" is very good. Its been in quite a few films as well

3. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

The song "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" has been in several movies. I have his "Facing Future" album (which has that track). It's fairly decent background music and something I occasionaly throw on when I'm studying. I still can't get over the fact that a voice like his comes from that body though.

Aaron

4. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Well-Known Member

That recording always makes me...*ahem*...misty.

5. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Well-Known Member

"Brudda Iz" would surely be happy that his music continues to touch people. It's a shame that he couldn't conquer his weight problems in time to save his life.

I have a couple of his albums and love playing his music in my office, late at night, when I'd rather be somewhere else but can't leave . . . .

6. stevo4

stevo4 Well-Known Member

I was turned on to his beautiful music in 2000 while shooting a music video in Hawaii for Don Ho's daughter. I have most of his cd's and be sure to check out the website below. He is much beloved on the islands to this day. http://www.geocities.com/~ukulele/iz.html stevo