1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

ISO: Dress shoes with colorful contrasting

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sygyzy, May 7, 2012.

1. sygyzy

sygyzy Well-Known Member

I have plenty of pairs of Allen Edmonds in diffrent styles but I want to add some items that make dressing up a little bit more itneresting. I already have fun Corgi socks and bowties that always get attention. I don't want to be obnoxious or rude but I think the new Cole Haan Lunargrands are fun. I see that Generic Man also has similar offerings.

Can anyone recommend any other brands that produce dress shoes (nice enough to be worn with a suit or at least chinos/khakis and an OCBD that have interesting contrasting colored soles or not your run of the mill flat brown/black uppers?

Thanks.

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  2. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Well-Known Member

Fratelli Rossetti sometimes does these. I've seen a number of pairs on Rue La La men's sales that will either have some contrast stitching, contrasting marks on the medallion of a wingtip or slightly odd but still reasonably wearable colors (deep navy, dark olive, burnt orange).

3. sygyzy

sygyzy Well-Known Member

Wow thanks for the tip. I guess I should re-enable emails from Rue La La huh? They were a bit spammy and I never saw anything I liked.

4. jammyo40

jammyo40 Well-Known Member

5. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Well-Known Member

If you don't want to go back on Rue, try Yoox also, they have a bunch of FR at decent (not great) prices.