1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Isaia 7-fold ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tdial, Oct 8, 2004.

1. tdial

tdial Well-Known Member

I was at the mall today and saw some new Isaia 7-fold ties out, which were quite nice. The only thing was, on the back of the tie, down at the fold, was a sewn on label that said "7-Fold." It was angled like the Kiton label is on their ties. This was the first time I've seen this.

I found the "7-Fold" label to be quite cheesy. I guess it's a good thing to educate consumers, but the tag just looks stupid to me.

Anyone else seen this?

2. arvi

arvi Well-Known Member

i asked about the meaning of 7 fold the other day and was directed to a teriffic thread that explained everything..i don't know to attach the thread but go back to my post from wednesday entitled 7fold..by the way i have seen the same label on some ties at saks 5th avenue and and after having read explanation don't consider it cheesy..

3. tdial

tdial Well-Known Member

I know what a seven fold tie is. My point is just having a big "7-Fold" label on there. It'd be like having an Isaia sport coat that had a giant "100% Cashmere" label on it like you would see on a more down market brand.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Used to be pretty common even in upscale brands. I've seen the 100% cashmere label on *lots* of older Oxxfords, for example. I'm going to commission a Borrelli cashmere jacket with the Borrelli Crest emblazoned across the back. Pimp my ride, baby.

5. aybojs

aybojs Well-Known Member

I imagine it's just to differentiate it from the regular Isaia ties, for people who might have heard what a seven fold is, but don't know how to tell one apart.

6. tdial

tdial Well-Known Member

I understand and appreciate the comments. I just found it somewhat odd.

I like the Borrelli crest idea. I wonder if it'd be cool to get a giant "BESPOKE" put on the back of a bespoke jacket. That might be pretty cool.

7. Will

Will Well-Known Member

In my opiinioin, better is having your shirtmaker replace their label with your embroidered initials inside the collar where only your laundry can see it. Or telling your tailor you don't want his label.

They are your clothes. Unless your parents named you Polo, to paraphrase an old New Yorker cartoon.

Will