1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

IS THIS SUIT TOO BIG ON ME? please read below

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rogargaro15, Jun 30, 2013.

1. FillW

FillW Well-Known Member

You live in the UK?

Go to Saville Row in London, maybe?

The suit fits pretty badly.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  2. mrjester

mrjester Well-Known Member

At a two second glance, same curtains, same window, same hair/hairline, same ill-fitting suit.

[​IMG]

Yeah you're 15 and don't know how to buy a suit but let's suggest Savile Row.

1 person likes this.
  3. rogargaro15

rogargaro15 Member

you really think i have that much money to spend on a suit?Saville row its pretty expensive.
    and for the last person that replied-
    i dont like your tone, I am 18. I dont know about america, but in the UK people are more polite.
    for the others.
    I went to Zara today,returned the suit and now i got another one at Moss, the suit is from French connection. the guy from the shop said that the suit was good, a nice fit.
    i got it for about 300 dollars. they had made to measure suits,but the price was in about 500 dollars,so a little over my budget.
    after i will psot the pics with the new suit.hopefully will be better.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  4. Balfour

Balfour Well-Known Member

5. Geruvah

Geruvah Well-Known Member

Don't mind the rude people. The Saville Row suggestion was weird, since we had a good idea what your budget is based on where you got your suit. Next time, it would help to say what your budget is up front.

At sub-500 suits, you'll want to make sure you see a great tailor for sure. That's what will raise the level, so be sure to have money aside set for that.

Also, I'd suggest educating yourself on what makes a suit fit well. Just because the guy at the shop said the fit was good, doesn't mean it is. He's a salesman first. Some people here have even said the people at Tom Ford, whose suits cost $4000+, has fed them the same line when it wasn't true (I never had such an experience with them, but that's confirmation bias).

6. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

7. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

+1