1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Is this RL sweater authentic?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kensington, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

2. Kensington

Anyone have any idea?

3. MiamiRedSkin

MiamiRedSkin Well-Known Member

I'm not sure..but it's definitely from a thrift store (hence the staple through the tag where the price once was), which makes me believe the seller wouldn't even know if it was legit or not. I have never seen any knitted sweaters like that copied, though...Only the polo's. Just my 2 cents.

4. landshark

landshark Well-Known Member

I have seen polo sweaters with the same patterns during different years and seasons. I don't know if that means the sweater is legit or not but they ahve definitely reused old patterns. I agree with MiamiRedSkin, you don't see many knit sweaters with that kind of detail copied.

5. Kensington

Thanks guys. That makes sense. In the question thread another user also said that same thing.